What's new

WS Anamorphic Kindergarten Cop 9-18?! (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Several e-tailers are listing an Arnold Schwarzenegger Comedy Favorites (three movie) Collection to be released September 18.

The three movies listed are Kindergarten Cop, Twins, and Junior.

According to Universal's Press Release, it looks like all three films will be given WS anamorphic presentations! I'm not sure of the current status of Twins and Junior, but I know KC has never before been given anything other than a pan-and-scan release! :emoji_thumbsup:

HERE is amazon.com's listing. Just $17.99 for the three films.

captainjoe

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sam
Cool I hope it's true. kindergarten Cop has such a bad transfer so a new one is badly needed. I might get this because I don't own Twins or Junior so hopefully it is remastered. Wouldn't surprise me since the Tremors Franchise collection was newly remastered.

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
Twins has also only ever been available in full-screen. This is great news.

Brandon.B

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brandon.B
Kindergarten Cop, another I've held off on. Will it be released on its own?

And, do you think we’ll get anything better or should I just settle for this new one if it is indeed widescreen?

Keith Paynter

Screenwriter
The way I'm reading it, only Twins is anamorphic.

Disc 1

Twins
Run Time: 1 Hours and 47 Minutes
MPAA Rating: PG
Picture: Anamorphic Widescreen
Color
Bonus:
Theatrical Trailer

Kindergarten Cop
Run Time: 1 Hours and 51 Minutes
MPAA Rating: PG-13
Color
Bonus:
Theatrical Trailer

Disc 2

Junior
Run Time: 1 Hours and 50 Minutes
MPAA Rating: PG-13
Color
Bonus:
Theatrical Trailer

I would wait for a B&M stock to inspect before buying.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Keith: I noticed that, too. And, I agree that there is some room for confusion. But, I took heart with the heading at the top of the PR from Universal:

Arnold Schwarzenegger: Comedy Favorites Collection DVD (Anamorphic Widescreen)

dailW

Stunt Coordinator
they should. all three have hi-def masters since all three have been playing on HD movie channels lately

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Excellent info. My hope has zoomed even higher.

BTW, it looks like places like Best Buy will be offering this collection up for just $14.99! :emoji_thumbsup:

It is too bad that Twins and Kindergarten Cop will both be on the same disc. :frowning:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
There is also going to be a John Candy Comedy Favorites Collection released by Universal September 18 featuring the three films: Uncle Buck, The Great Outdoors and Going Berserk.

That set is also described as "Anamorphic WS", but, again, I am not familiar with the current DVD releases of these films. This may or may not be really good news for Candy fans.

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
I just double checked my John Candy discs. 'The Great Outdoors' is non-anamorphic widescreen, and 'Uncle Buck' IS anamorphic. I have no idea in regards to 'Going Berserk'.

As for 'Kindergarten Cop', I hope it is indeed anamorphic widescreen. I've been wanting this movie for a very long time. 'Twins' and 'Junior' aren't the greatest in my opinion, but I'll buy the box if it means owning a proper version of KC.

Keith Paynter

Screenwriter
I hope I'm wrong. I definitely would invest in the set if KC and Twins were anamorphic.

"Who is your daddy, and what does he do?"

Dale MA

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dale
I do believe these will be anamorphic, since Universals recent Michael J Fox Collection also had upgraded anamorphic transfers -- it seems Universal loves releasing new 16x9 transfers without any fanfare... they really should let people know what they're releasing!

Anyway, I'm so getting both of these sets. :D

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
One big issue though. This as well as the John Candy set are "Franchise Collections" where Universal simply re-hashes their existing releases into a more affordable package. I have a gut feeling that these will comprise of the releases already out, including the full screen versions of 'Kindergarten Cop' and 'Twins'. I have a few of these 'Franchise' releases including "Smokey And The Bandit" and "American Graffiti". I really wanted the "Problem Child" franchise collection, but alas, that was composed of the previously released full screen editions. I seriously hope I'm wrong about this, but I'll be surprised if I am.

Matthew H

Second Unit
That sucks.. I just want Kindergarten Cop. I'd never watch the other two. But if it's anamorphic, then I'm there. As Andrew pointed out, Unverisal has just been rehashing these sets with the old releases.. I hope I'm wrong.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
There definitely seems to be a difference of opinion among posters in this thread over what-to-expect.

To quote any number of politicians: "I'm cautiously optimistic...but I'm going to adopt a wait-and-see attitude." :D

Dale MA

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dale
Well, both the John Candy and Arnold Schwarzenegger collections have been dispatched to me. Unfortunately, I live in the UK, so it could take a couple of weeks to arrive, I'll let you all know if they're anamorphic transfers as soon as I get them though, that is if the information isn't already out there by then. :)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Thanks, Dale. I'm hoping to be able to find this as early as Tuesday. You can be sure I'll report as soon as I know. Anyone who wants to beat me to it is more than welcome! :emoji_thumbsup:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Woohoo! Thanks, Dale! :emoji_thumbsup:

I've got one of the longer shopping lists for tomorrow than I've had in a loooong time!

Just hope the B&Ms have this on their shelves tomorrow!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks