WS-65907 vs. WS-65857

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mike_Smith, May 18, 2001.

1. Mike_Smith

Mike_Smith Auditioning

I just found out that Tweeter is selling all Mits products at a 10% discount on 5/21 and 5/22. The WS-65907 will cost $4500 and the WS-65857 will cost $3780. Is the 907 worth the additional cost? I have seen several postings regarding screen issues with the 907, should I be concerned? I am moving to the Baltimore area so if anyone knows of any other stores to contact please let me know. I did find lower pricing from MyDigitalUniverse.com ($3899) and LetsGoDigital ($3850) by I am concerned about the stability of mail order companies. Please provide me with your thoughts and recommendations. In addition, what should I do about extended warranties?

2. Alan Wild

Alan Wild Stunt Coordinator

Are you sure about the WS-65907. According to the fine print on the letter I received there is an asterisk next to the "everything is on sale" comment. The asterisk then reads:
    "* Well, nearly everythinig. The discounts do not apply to Bose, Mitsubishi Diamond Series and Nakamichi where the prices are stipulated by the manufacturer. Due to the uniqueness of this event. Automatic Price Protection does not apply. See store for details. This letter is not transferable."
    Sounds to me like all of the 907's would be excluded from this sale.
    I won't lie, Mitsubishi's current promotion already has me tempted to pick up a WS55 and with Tweeter's sale I'm getting weaker. Thing is I just bought all new speakers and a receiver a month ago.... I really don't need a new TV, but man.....
    Anyone else have any more inside info on the Tweeter sale? Does anyone know if the Mitsubishi promotion applies?
    http://www.mitsubishi-tv.com/3dpromo.htm
    -Alan