What's new

Blu-ray Review Wreck-It Ralph 3D: Ultimate Collector's Edition Blu-ray Review (1 Viewer)

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Chuck Anstey said:
There are some Disney movies we did not buy because our kids out grew them before Disney finally took them out of the vault. Had Disney just released everything they had on DVD (and then on Blu) as reasonably quickly as they could and left them in the market permanently we would have bought even more movies than we already did. Never did we "buy it now, play it later" just in case.
This is not often mentioned, but it's worth considering. I realize that they can't release everything as quickly as we'd all like, but dragging it out doesn't always help sales. I would've bought Peter Pan if my kid were a little younger.

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
Aaron Silverman said:
This is not often mentioned, but it's worth considering. I realize that they can't release everything as quickly as we'd all like, but dragging it out doesn't always help sales. I would've bought Peter Pan if my kid were a little younger.
And not to forget, the reason the Platinum Combo idea was swept with too wide a brush, and the idea diluted, was when Disney was using its titles to push the entire Blu-ray acceptance in general, and realized, if a select group of people without Blu players were Buying Now, Playing Later with Sleeping Beauty and Pinocchio, then, by logic, they obviously didn't have players to watch the '09 new-releases of Wall-E, Bolt, or High School Musical 3, either. Yes, those titles would stay out of the Vault and be available years down the road when those folks caught up, but the war was just over, and "Consumer Blu-ray acceptance" needed the New-release sales percentage numbers now to stay in the game. Not every early Blu adopter was buying Blu-onlies of Sky High and Chicken Little. Presumably, the folks who had figured out the Sleeping Beauty thing now thought, "So, everything's getting a combo now? Guess those folks were right about the laptops!", and every other studio followed suit. The rest, tragically and expensively, is history. :(

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Anyone else having trouble locating the 3D version locally? Being in Los Angeles, I have like ten Best Buys within a 15 mile radius and only one has it in stock, and its the furthest so I'm not inclined to drive there due to our city's horrible traffic. Even the City Target near me had no 3D copies. I ended up just ordering it from Amazon so of course it won't get here until Friday now, but if I'd known it would be so difficult to procure a local copy, I would have preordered it from Amazon weeks ago.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
Originally Posted by Carlo Medina
Anyone else having trouble locating the 3D version locally? Being in Los Angeles, I have like ten Best Buys within a 15 mile radius and only one has it in stock, and its the furthest so I'm not inclined to drive there due to our city's horrible traffic. Even the City Target near me had no 3D copies. I ended up just ordering it from Amazon so of course it won't get here until Friday now, but if I'd known it would be so difficult to procure a local copy, I would have preordered it from Amazon weeks ago.
Yes, I went to Wal-Mart in the morning, which had zero copies, then went to Target who said they sold-out of their copies (this was like 2 hours after they opened). Finally went to Best Buy, and they had plenty of copies.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Loved this. Can't wait to finish setting up 3D with my new Panny 50" plasma. UPDATE: 3 pair 3D glasses: check New Onkyo 3D ready 7.2 receiver: check 3D up and running: check Watched Wreck-It Ralph with my two boys and loved it even more in 3D. It truly is an enhancement of an already great story.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Is anyone else having weird problems with the 2D BD disc? I put it in, and the PS3 did not recognize that there was a disc in the drive. I rebooted the PS3, no dice. I put in the 3D disc, and it loaded right up. I put the 2D disc in again, and again nothing. I went online to see if I could download a receipt from my Target credit card (the ONE TIME the clerk at the store forgot to give me my receipt!!!), and after a few minutes, ta-da, the disc suddenly loaded. I haven't tried it again since, but it's weird. Never seen anything like this.

Note that the disc did not take a long time to load; it didn't even *begin* to load for several minutes. I could scroll around the XMB and do other things while it was sitting in the drive.

Great movie, incidentally!

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
My Oppo 93 and Sony S790 played it flawlessly. Haven't tried on the PS3 though. Are you running the latest firmware?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks