What's new

WRC Alert: Argentina (1 Viewer)

CharlesD

Screenwriter
Attention WRC fans: the Rally of Argentina is this weekend. As usual, the coverage will start tonight (Thursday May 16) at 11pm Eastern on Speed Vision/Channel/Whatever with a pre-view show. One hour same-day highlights of each leg will be Friday, Saturday and Sunday at 11pm EST and an overview/re-cap show on Monday night at the same time.

I'm hoping Tommi M&#228kinen will get another win this weekend.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Poor Tommi, he's had like car problems every time I've seen him the last WRC races broadcast on Speed..

Thanks for the heads up, again.... I've been intensely following this year's Giro d'Italia on OLN so far. Go Cippo!

Jay

Shawn Shultzaberger

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the heads up Charles. I haven't watched in a while but is Peugot still cleaning up? I'm a big Subaru fan and the Peugot wins are a bit disheartening. :)

CharlesD

Screenwriter
Peugot is still cleaning up, they are really dominant. Its was good to see both Subarus in the points on the first leg though.
The coverage started half an hour late last night. I wonder if the Rally being in South America means they get the highlights later than in previous events, and they were still adding commentary at 11 pm eastern last night :)

Dan B

Screenwriter
It was disappointing for fans who were hoping for some Peugeot competition to see that spectators & weather both affected the race yet again. (that's rallying though) Too many spectator's vehicles lining the road caused the first stage to be canceled, & foggy weather caused the whole field behind Gronholm to slow down by almost a minute compared to his times.
Of course, anything can happen in rallying. ;) Don't forget to tune in tonight & see if Makinen can close in on Gronholm's huge lead.
-Dan

CharlesD

Screenwriter
Well FOX strikes again: they have interupted the rally highlights to bring us yet more NASCAR, apparently almost 5 hours of TV time was not enough for tonight's race.
:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: FOX SUCKS :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
I was wondering when I was watching my PVR'ed stage that I got some Waltrip guy and the other commentator blabbing on in front of some oval.... Sheesh... It's too late now but Speed replayed stage 1 and 2 last night, one was at 6pm EST and the other was again later on so I tried to PVR those so I'll have to see if those are complete...
I think our predictions of Speed becoming NASCAR channel is coming true :angry:
Jay

Dan B

Screenwriter
Well how was that for a finish! Too bad for Tommi, he could have gained some major points on Gronholm if it weren't for his incident. A spectacular one, but fortunately there was nothing nearby to crash into...except for the crazy spectators. And poor Gronholm for that matter. They should have taken care of the infraction before letting him go on.

-Dan

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
I taped the last leg, lets hope that Fox didn't put some stupid NASCAR commentary this time again....

The love watching the cockpit view in the Rally races, it would make watching even NASCAR races more interesting rather than an outside view of cars going round and round, it gives you a lot better feel for what they are doing. It also gives you a feel for the speed as you can see which gear they're in and then you can guestimate how fast they must be doing each section and taking each corner. That's so cool that their shifting paddles on the steerin wheel shifts the gearshift on the floor. I'm sitting there watching the gearshift go back and forth while the driver is using the paddles. Would be cool if my sequential tranny did that, but it just changes the gear indicator.

Jay

CharlesD

Screenwriter
Wow M&#228kinen's crash was something else. The car did a lucky bounce and cleared a ducking specatator by about 2 feet! :eek:
First Gr&#246nholm was excluded for getting assistence inside the exclusion zone, and then Burns was excluded for an under-weight fly-wheel. This gives the win to Sainz and 2nd to Solberg.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks