What's new

WRC 2 Extreme (1 Viewer)

Bill Blank

Stunt Coordinator
Will this game ever make it to the PS2 in the US?? It seems to have fallen off of the map here.

Bill

Daniel Becker

Second Unit
I hope WRC 2 comes to the U.S. I refuse to buy Colin Mcrae 3 because of it's championship mode options (or lack of) and WRC 2 is my only hope for a fantastic new rally experience in 2003. V-rally 3 was ok on the PS2 (expecially considering I picked it up for $20) but it's lacking in a few areas.

Dan.Becker

EdR

Second Unit
I wrote an email to Mick Hocking, who I believe is the lead developer at Evolution Studios, asking about a WRC2 release date for the US. He replied:

We hope to be releasing WRC2 in the US in about May.

Mick
The hesitancy of the statement makes me think it will be more like June or July.

In the meantime, CMR3 is the best driving console experience available in North America, IMO. Daniel is right, it is limited, but it nails so much in terms of physics and fun that I ignore the lack of options.

Bill Blank

Stunt Coordinator
Unforutnately CMR3 isn't available on the PS2 yet, as far as I know. WRC was a great game, V-Rally was equally pleasing in it's different approach (I'm actually still playing that game) but I was hoping WRC 2 would hit these shores sooner than summer!

As for V-Rally 3, I'm on my fifth season, still with my original manufacturer after 5 straight championships, but still only get offers from Toyota and Hyundai. When will offers from Subaru and Mitsubishi come, if ever? Should I switch from MG to someone else to get noticed?

Bill

EdR

Second Unit
Bill, in V-Rally 3 are you racing the 2.0L cars or the 1.6L? I was really into V-Rally 3, I raced with Citroen in the 1.6L cars for at least one season, then changed to Peugeot and moved up to the 2.0L cars...I found the 2.0's to be so squirreley and twitchy that I stopped playing the game. I put in a LOT of hours, in the hopes that I would get the hang of the handling...I got better, and I turned in some good times, but it just didn't feel realistic or satisfying...or fun.

I thought the game was nice overall, it had some serious graphical flaws, but nearly as many beautiful courses (like Germany). But those damned 2L cars ruined the game for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks