What's new

WRC 2 Extreme - US/Canada release (1 Viewer)

EdR

Second Unit
FYI, I just found a post over at the official WRC website which quoted an email from Evolution Studios:

WRC2 Extreme is due to be released in the North American and Canadian market in March or early April this year.
Many thanks for your interest, hope you enjoy the game
WRC was by far my favorite racing game last year (or ever, really)...so I'm definitely looking forward to this!

Should be good timing too, hopefully I can chew my way through Colin McRae 3 before WRC 2 ships.

P.S. Good to know it's coming to North America and Canada! :D

EDIT: added screens

DwightK

Second Unit
:emoji_thumbsup:

I wonder if either CMR3 or WRC2 will be accurate for this year or are they just the euro version?

I need them both regardless.

EdR

Second Unit
My suspicion is that they will reflect last year's teams (I assume that's what you mean)...but maybe they'll surprise us.

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
WRC2 is actually really nice I thought (from my quick 20-minute play with my brother-in-law's copy). The main things are that the handling seems less silly than CM3 (though its a touch twitchy on pad, to say the least), and the scenery is just stunning - none of your invisible walls here; the landscape to either side of the road can easily be visited if you stuff a corner up.

EdR

Second Unit
WRC2 is actually really nice I thought (from my quick 20-minute play with my brother-in-law's copy). The main things are that the handling seems less silly than CM3 (though its a touch twitchy on pad, to say the least)
Iain (or anyone), have you played V-Rally 3? If so, how does the handling in CMR3 or WRC 2 compare?

I found the handling of the 2.0L cars in VR3 to be extremely frustrating, to the point that I gave up. The 1.6L cars were a blast, the physics were almost perfect...

If either of these new games has handling like the 2.0L cars in VR3, I'm going to be really unhappy.

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
I've not tried VRally 3, sorry. I didn't really like the look of it to be honest.

Its also worth mentioning that opinion is really split on the other two as well - I prefer WRC2, but some don't at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks