WOW!!! what happen with Roger? (Ebert)

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Scott Thomas, Jul 29, 2004.

1. Scott Thomas

Scott Thomas Second Unit

I know for the past few years, Roger's been having some health problems. Also, his show keeps airing at strange times, so I never get around to see it too often.

I just saw him on Jay Leno and I counld'nt belive how skinny he is. He's almost as skinny as Gene used to be.

I hope he's still in good health to keep reviewing movies.

2. ZacharyTait

ZacharyTait Cinematographer

He had surgery last year and went on a diet afterwards. I believe I read somewhere he has lost about 85 pounds. I may be mistaken. The diet he was (is?) on was the 10,000 step diet.

I'm glad he's taken measures to improve his health. I don't look forward to the day when he can no longer grace us with his expertise in movies.

3. Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Cameron Yee
    It seems like his voice has been affected too - it's higher pitched now. His weight loss also seems a little unhealthy. His face is thinner, but still has a bloated quality to it. Apparently none of this affects his ability to work...

4. Jeff Gatie

Jeff Gatie Lead Actor

He underwent radiation treatments (starting last August) for a cancerous tumor in his salivary glands. This is the reason for his weight loss and voice change. Before that he had surgery for cancer in his thyroid and salivary glands. The thyroid cancer has apparently cleared up, but the salivary glands needed more treatment.

5. Jarod M

Jarod M Stunt Coordinator

I think Ebert said that the weight loss was independent of the cancer--he actually started the diet before he had the operation. He seemed to be in good health at this year's Ebert film festival.

6. Mark Pfeiffer

Mark Pfeiffer Screenwriter

Yeah, what Jarod said. I think he's on the Pritikin diet and has been exercising in conjunction with it. And what Jeff said in regard to his voice.

7. Brian*D

Brian*D Auditioning

Yes, I hope he turns out okay myself. Ebert is my favorite critic although I know a lot of people don't like his reviews. I find him to be witty and insightful and for the most part I find myself agreeing with his opinions. In his review for Supersize Me he talks about his dieting if you want to check it out.

8. Nathan V

Nathan V Supporting Actor

"I am fat, but one day I will thin, and Vincent Gallo will still be the director of the Brown bunny."

-Roger Ebert

What a great guy. I love his writing.

(quote may not be exact)