Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Where was this? I hear Edmonton had a crazy storm recently

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
Thats nuts. I was in my living room downtown in a highrise apartment when the hail hit. And I mean did it hit hard. But after an hour or so it ended. I knew it was a dandy storm but didn't really think too much of it. Since the ground is so saturated from all the rain in the last week I guess it just made it that much worse.

The next day I picked up the newspaper and until then I never realized how bad it was in certain parts of the city. My mom called me last night and she lives off 149 street just 1/2 block north of Whitemud (I guess this is one of the hardest hit areas and judging by your pics Dean that looks like that area). The house has flooded something bad.

Unreal.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Holy handgrenade, ice floes down Edmonton. How's that huge mall?

Somebody tell Ron P, the beer is cold! :)

Over here on the east coast USA, we just had a dumping of rain and t-storms on Monday. Lots of localized flooding but no hail that I know of.

Jay

Stevan Lay

Second Unit
:eek:
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

How long did this storm last?

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
Stevan, the storm was short lived, about an hour or so. I read that some parts of the city recieved 150 mm (6 inches) of rain. Thats about normal for the month, let alone an hour.

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
WOW That sucks!
I guess we get every other natural diaster in California...
Earthquake
Fire
Flood
But at least we are not cold!

Lee L

Supporting Actor

Dude, that ain't snow, its hail. I'm sure the guys in Edmonton can say for sure, but I'll bet it was warm outside when that happened. We've had hail storms here in NC that covered the ground and streets with maybe an inch or so while it was still 80 degrees outside, but nothing like that.

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
I guessed Edmonton too...it sure looked like it, even with all the ice. :)

We had a couple of hail storms in Calgary too (300 km south of Edmonton). Not nearly as bad! In my area of Calgary (southwest) we got skittle-sized hail. The trees were shredded - bits and pieces of leaves everywhere!

I like Neil's pic. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ArtAD