What's new

WOW!! what a difference a little power makes! (1 Viewer)

RobWil

Supporting Actor
YOU said "hefty, under-rated amps".
I said "a pretty hefty 80wpc".
Do I have proof that it actually delivers more than the rated power? No. Does it seem more powerful? Yes. At least compared to my previous 100wpc receiver.
BTW...this amp was originally rated at 60wpc into 8ohms, 20Hz-20kHz @ .03 THD. The rating was later ammended to 80wpc into 8ohms, 20Hz-20kHz @ .03 THD, indicating the original rating was 20wpc under rated. So do they have a history of under rating? It appears so.

Michael R Price

Screenwriter
I wrote up a description of the amp for when I'm ready to list and sell it, which is hopefully soon. I would definitely not call it "hefty." But, it sounds pretty nice and I imagine it's more powerful than any of the usual receivers. On the inside there is a toroidal transformer that appears to be 200-300 VA, and a pair of 10,000uf supply capacitors (this is pretty decent for a cheap amplifier). From looking inside the "100 watt" receiver my friend bought (knowing he wouldn't use its amplifiers), it appears to have a similarly strong power supply, for all 5 channels.

Rob, I didn't expect you to want mine, but if you (or anyone else) do, you can send me an e-mail. Mine's an Amp One (not One/A), and the power meters are shot but it's fine otherwise. If you really want, I can try to repair them... they're just fragile and have unreliable lights.

EarleD

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Earle Decker
I agree its Klipsches. Something I have a few of:D

Im waiting on a custom 4.2 center to complete my KG series HT.

DanaA

Screenwriter

I was just trying to threadjack and direct this thread into one on spelling and how it relates to home theater. :D Wait, should it be theater or theatre or, for that matter, receivre or receiver?

On a serious note, congrats on the new piece of equipment. I really enjoy it when a good purchase is made.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks