What's new

Wow...WB's "Stage Door"'s different than the original print! (1 Viewer)

BarryM

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Barry Margolis
Although I've had the box set since it was released, I read something about the section of "Stage Door" after the curtain speech towards the end, and sure enough, the section of film shows Kay Hamilton's grave...something that cut out of all released prints! Not seen on the TV or VHS prints, either.

Wow...amazing. WB must've found a decent condition print of the movie and not noticed that it had these elements that were cut out of the original release print.

Boy...THAT surely doesn't happen every day!

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
This was discussed here:

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...11#post2597311

And it turns out that it was not material cut out of the original release print, just material that probably hasn't been seen since the original release. Previous video and tv versions of STAGE DOOR were taken from a re-release print (probably dating from the 1950's) with the shots of the grave removed (still not sure that's such a bad thing) and different opening credits (that punch up the credits for Lucille Ball, Ann Miller, and Eve Arden.)

BarryM

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Barry Margolis
Thanx, Will....I'm only a part-time HTF user...so I missed that thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks