What's new

wow - the bang from some thunder just set off a few dozen car alarms (1 Viewer)

Seth--L

Screenwriter
I'm actually in Ithaca, NY right now (Cornell University to be specific).

To answer your question, not often in both locations.

David C Lin

Stunt Coordinator
I've seen that happen before. That's why when I buy car, I don't buy one with car alarm that goes off from vibration. It's better to have car alarm that goes off only when broken into.

Scott Thomas

Second Unit
Living in Florida, you get used to seeing Lighting and Thunder. I remeber a thunder blast so loud that it shook my entire room greatly.

James T

Screenwriter
My friend had a car alarm that was so sensitive, when the rain dropped at certain points, his alarm would give the beep warning

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
It's nuts here in Orlando. I swear, it's been T-storming for about 2 months now ;) Maybe a day or two of brightness, but otherwise very shitty.

Of course, I am used to the crappy weather here in Florida :) Sunshine State?! pah!

Matt Pelham

Screenwriter

Pretty much sums it up. I've seen/heard lightning blasts so intense they shook a pane of glass so hard I thought it was going to shatter.

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
I live above a cafe, and every morning, when the delivery trucks would turn on their trucks to leave, my alarm would go off. Annoying to no end.

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
A bolt of lighting hit a tree next to a neighbor's house a few years ago; the thunder clap stood me up upright from a deep sleep.

I was at the Boeing Air Museum in Seattte a few years ago. We were just leaving when a couple F-18's from the Carl Vincent took off from the runway next to the parking lot. Damned loud! The jet blast must have set off twenty car alarms.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I've seen/heard lightning blasts so intense they shook a pane of glass so hard I thought it was going to shatter.
I was in my parents garage (1992) when the glass windows rattled so hard that I thought I was about to be covered in broken glass. Quite scary. It too set off my car alarm.

TimG

Second Unit
Where I work is right next to McConnel Air Force Base. They used to station B-1 bombers there. If you thought F-18's were noisy. :D Thankfully they moved them, now we just have to put up with 747's.

TimG

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks