What's new

wow,stuffing a cabinet does do good! (1 Viewer)

Chad Isaacs

Supporting Actor
I had never really noticed but I recently read that if you have to put your center or any other speaker in a tv cabinet,you should stuff the cavity it is in.Well,as soon as I read that,I noticed it did not sound all that great and noticed echos.Well,I wrapped up a large pillow with a thick wool blanket and stuffed the cabinet and it took care of the trouble...I was impressed.

Anyother tips this cheap(free) that make such a big difference?

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
There is actually a lot of "tweeks" that people do to their systems. Some are more effective than others.

Some non-controversial ones usually involve putting spikes on your L/R speakers & making "feet" to get your center speaker off the TV surface or off the shelf. A good trick is to use some rubber door wedges under your center to both isolate it, and give it some downward tilt.

You can also use a inexpensive laser pointer to "see" where your L/R speakers are pointing and play with the focus.

Check out the "HT for Newbies" thread in the Basics area, or the "Tweeks and Connections" for others.`

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks