"wow" on DVD? ever?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chris Purvis, Dec 11, 2001.

1. Chris Purvis

Chris Purvis Stunt Coordinator

So - I was lucky enough once to get to see the THX Wow montage in the Stag Theater at Skywalker Ranch (I was an employee of LucasArts Entertainment for many years). I've always wanted a copy of it since then.

What I am wondering is if anyone out there knows if there is any plan to ever release that on a DVD. I've come close to just buying one of the demo LD's off eBay a few times but they are ProLogic demonstration discs and they cost around $65.00. At least I assume they are all ProLogic. The first time I ever saw that demo was at a dealer long before Dolby Digital was around...

Should I just bite the bullet, drop $65.00 and buy a Wow laserdisc? They are steadily available (8 or so for sale right now). I still have many other LD titles unavailable on DVD so my laserdisc player will continue to be part of my system for a while...

2. StephenC

StephenC Stunt Coordinator

Whenever I demo my home theater,this is the first THING I reach for.It doesn't matter that I have hundreds of dvds,the DPL sound is incredible and better than alot of soundtracks in DD.I think $65 is a good deal.Also,I love the editing of this montage.