What's new

Wow! Mac OS X.1 is awesome! (1 Viewer)

PS Nystrom

Second Unit
This is what OS X is supposed to be like! Fast, even easier to use, and finally we have DVD support... and it works!
If you haven't made the trip for the upgrade now, it is well worth it so go out there and get it!
Pieter
------------------
Witness my BoomRoom's brand new layout as of Sep 21.

David Lawson

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Lawson
Well, not all of us have DVD support. Mac OS X 10.1 doesn't support hardware DVD decoders like the one in my B&W G3/400, but it's not that big of a loss. I'd rather use my Pioneer, anyway.
I am very impressed with this upgrade, though. I bought OS X 10.0 the day it was released (actually, a couple of days before, thanks to Staples), and it was a disaster. I haven't started up in OS 9 since I installed 10.1, though, and won't need to unless I have to use one of my SCSI devices, or want to watch a DVD.
wink.gif
Some of my USB devices whose drivers won't be upgraded to OS X even work under Classic, which I didn't think was possible.
Micro Center gave me the upgrade CD for free, no questions asked. If I had known just how much this update would fix, I would have gladly paid the $20 to The Apple Store if necessary.
------------------
Link Removed
He obviously misinterpreted what it means to "be bullish."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks