WOW just heard the VR-M60's

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Nick L, Apr 3, 2002.

1. Nick L

Nick L Second Unit

I just came from an exciting listen at my local Ultimate Electronics. I was listening the to speakers I was going to buy, the Def Tech bp-10b, when I stumbled into the next room and listened to the Boston Acoustics VR-M60's. The highs on the BA's were so much clearer. The overall sound so much nicer. I think I'm switching up what speakers I'm going to buy. With my friend selling the def techs and BA's they are both under $500 per pair, so either way I can't go wrong! But after the listening session I just had I think the BA's will be what I purchase!

Just thought I's share

Nick L

2. Evan S

Evan S Cinematographer

Hey Nick, can you please explain how you can get a pair of speakers that list for $1,000 a pair for less than $500? I've heard of markdown, but that's amazing. Is this because your friend is the dealer? Because I know from listening to this wonderful pair that they go for $1000/pr and the VRM-50's go for $700/pr.

If you can get this pair for less than $500, run, don't walk to the store before they change their minds.

3. Steve Simm

Steve Simm Stunt Coordinator

I'm with Evan on this one....if you can get them at $500 pair jump on it. I have had a pair for about a year now and about 2 months ago added the VR-MC and VR-MX's and am completely satisfied on the speaker front. Great combination for both music and movies.

4. Bry_DD

Bry_DD Second Unit

I'm guessing that price is for each speakers because at Ultimate Elec, they list their pirce by each not by pair. But if it's that's the price for pair i'll on my way to the store[​IMG]
    bry

5. Sean_Cunningham

Just a vote in favor of M60's - I have a pair and absolutely love them. I have been known to burst into grins listening to old favorites, just because they sound so phenomenally good to me.

6. Johnny Mac

Johnny Mac Stunt Coordinator

My dream speakers. I have the CR8's currently and am I big fan of the "Boston Sound." Not too warm, not too bright...just right. 500 a pair seems unrealistic though.

7. Sean_Cunningham

I agree - if they really are $500/pr, I'll buy a pair to replace my surrounds.

8. Patrick R. Sklenar

Patrick R. Sklenar Second Unit

Yet another vote for the BA VR-M60's! I'd love a set. [​IMG]
    I've got four VR-M50's, VR-MC and a PV-1000 with plans to add a pair of VR-MX's when my new pre/pro comes in. I do love the sound of these speakers. [​IMG]

9. Vlad D

Vlad D Screenwriter

Vladimir Derenoncourt
    [​IMG] [​IMG] Big thumbs up for the VR-M60's. I also own a pair, along with the VR-MC and VR-MX's, and they are absolutely awesome.

10. Nick L

Nick L Second Unit

Well, I surely wouldn't have guessed all the people here would have liked Boston. But what a pleasent surprise.

My sub $500 price is becuase my friend works at Ultimate and they give him a discount above and beyond cost since he sells their equipment. Right now my plan is to buy the VR-M60's the VR-MC and VR-M60. I think it will sound really nice in my appartment. I'm also picking up a really nice 55" Samsung TV(or 46" Mitsu depending on my new appt.) So I will go from very little HT stuff to having my whole theater completed(for now). Hopefully the Bostons will go good with my harman/kardon AVR320.

Thanks for all the replies, I can't wait to buy.

Nick L

11. Vlad D

Vlad D Screenwriter

Vladimir Derenoncourt
    Congrats Nick, you're getting a great deal. [​IMG] Let us know when you get your system set up and give us a review. I know you'll enjoy them.
    Vlad

12. Arron H

Arron H Second Unit

Nick,
    Will your friend ship [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] ?? Congratulations on your purchase!