What's new

WOW HD CA (1 Viewer)

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
I noticed we don't have a regular "Sales" thread for wowhd.ca. Thus, I thought that I'd start a new thread in which we can all post stuff about their sales, their shipping and delivery, etc.

One thing I did find out by calling them last week is that should an item you preordered drop in price before the release date, they will price adjust that preordered item as a one time courtesy IF you request it. They do this in the form of applying the difference when the preordered item enters the shipping process.

Of course, the day after I had the aforementioned done with the upcoming "Laurel & Hardy: The Definitive Restorations" Blu-ray set, it was announced that the release of the Blu-ray Edition was being delayed from June 16 (The 130th anniversary of Stan Laurel's Birth!) to June 30. This two week delay is due to COVID-19 related issues AND a Tornado (!) that blew off the roof of the warehouse where the Blu-rays were being replicated. The DVD Edition was officially release today, as scheduled.

It is my hope there will be a tracking number assigned to my above order when it does ship, but the wowhd.ca CSR basically told me that doesn't usually happen, although she did say that Multi Disc releases like the aforementioned Laurel & Hardy set do sometimes get them!

CHEERS! :)

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Just one time? The next time it happens, I’m stuck with the higher price?
Either that, or at the very least, you'd have to go through the pain and hassle associated with cancelling your order and then reordering the item at the lower sales price.

There's definitely a reason that I generally prefer to go through the amazon.ca route. Unfortunately, in the case of the "Laurel & Hardy: The Definitive Restorations" Blu-ray set, I couldn't order through them, as they only have the DVD Edition available on their platform.

Automatic price adjustments for preordered items, estimated delivery dates, and a guaranteed tracking number assignment [When ordering directly from Amazon!], are just a few things that we can take for granted when ordering domestically from Amazon, but not necessarily from elsewhere.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
OK, I did receive a reply from WOWHD this afternoon detailing the following:
Thank you for contacting WOWHD!

Unfortunately we do not do automatic price reductions on an order. The amount you are charged is the amount of the order at the time the order is placed. If the price of the item goes down within 7 days from the date of the shipment you can email us requesting a refund for the difference in price.

Again, thank you for writing WOWHD. We appreciate your business.

Regards,

WOWHD Sales Support

[email protected]

Below is my online correspondence that eventually produced the above reply NINE days later!:
Sent: Tuesday, June 9, 2020 5:32 PM
To: WOWHD Support <[email protected]>
Subject:Contact Us Form Submission: Order Status

Name: Anthony Bensley
Phone Number:
Order Number: (Actually blank!)
Email Address:
Contact Reason: After placing an order for a pre-order item, are any price reductions for said item that occur prior to that item's release date automatically applied by wowhd?

However, it was my phone call last Wednesday (June 10, 2020) in which the WOWHD associate told me they can make a one time price adjustment and that this would be applied to the specific order number that I gave her.

Therefore, it SHOULD be safe for me to assume that my above one time price adjustment request, which was done over the phone WILL go ahead, as I was informed that it would, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks