Wow, GTA3 is awesome!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Andre F, Dec 31, 2001.

1. Andre F

Andre F Screenwriter

I know this has been covered before buy this games is incredible. I can't stop playing it. Between this and Pikmin I've been glued to the TV.

-Andre F

2. Peter Kim

Peter Kim Screenwriter

You've got that one right, Andre. I've only purchased 6 games for the PS2, and this one really grips me. I've not even done anything constructive [​IMG] yet (I mean by completing missions) - instead, I'm just driving around and going after all the Cosa Nostra.
    I'm trying to get laid, but I seem to be getting the same sort of rejection that I got before I got married.

3. Andre F

Andre F Screenwriter

4. Jeremy Allin

Jeremy Allin Supporting Actor

5. Andre F

Andre F Screenwriter

Jeremy thanks! [​IMG]
    -Andre f

6. Jay W

Jay W Supporting Actor

Yeah, I've been wanting this for a while!. Threads like this don't help my cause [​IMG], I've played this a few times, and it is certainly deserving of all the acolades it's gotten recently.

7. Derrik Draven

Derrik Draven Supporting Actor

Chris
    Another good place to pick up a whore is in the Red Light District. Your hideout is already in the RLD so, just head out, make a right, then another right and...look for chicks selling their ass. It's easy just to drive right back to your place after you've picked one up. They alwasy get it on with you in the back alley that your hideout is in.
    Funny thing...if you have a convertible, you'll still get the health points but, they won't do anything with you.
    ...must've been a quick handjob. [​IMG]

8. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

I played this game for a while at a friends house last night, and I must say that while I can see why people are calling it original, its not what I expected.

Yes, you can do a lot, and yes, its fun, but am I the only one that thinks it gets REALLY boring, REALLY fast? I mean, you can only pick up a hooker and then beat her up to get your money back so many times (for me, it was once) for it to get old. I didn't play any of the missions, but if this game is anything like the first two, then they are dull, boring, and dragged out.

I didn't play much, but from what I played, it was below my expectations. I salute them on their originality, but my salutations end there.

9. Andre F

Andre F Screenwriter

10. Dean DeMass

Dean DeMass Screenwriter

Morgan,

Try playing some missions before claiming the game is boring. Also do some of the Vigilante, taxi, firefighter, and ambulance missions. The game is a blast. There is A LOT more to the game than just bangin' hookers and killing people at random.

-Dean-

11. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

I said that I didn't play much of the game, so I can see how my opinion would differ from those of people who own the game.

If the missions are things along the lines of "go here, steal car A, go here, kill guy A" or any sort of derivatives, then the game doesn't interest me. To tell the truth, I can't imagine them getting much better than that.

I watched my friend play one of the missions (the taxi one) and it looked like he would steal a taxi, then steal another, and such and such. I don't know if thats how it really is, but if it is, then thats pretty boring, IMO.

I probably should play more of the game to develop a better opinion of it.

12. Marvin Richardson

Marvin Richardson Supporting Actor

Hell, I had more fun blocking off the street with a bus and waiting for a bunch of cars to come up, then blow the thing up! Its especially fun on the second island once you can buy grenades at the ammunition store.

And Morgan, I have to agree with the others who say you need to try actually playing the game (and the missions are the backbone of the game) before passing judgment on it. That would be like playing Mario 64, but not going into any of the levels and calling it boring.

13. Brian Price

Brian Price Stunt Coordinator

Try this one out if you already haven't. Hit the circle button six times, then R1, L2, L1 then the top button on the pad, (Triangle?), then circle, then that top button again. It should drop an armored tank down right near you. Hop in and enjoy the mayhem!

Brian

14. BrianB

BrianB Producer

15. Rob Varto

Rob Varto Supporting Actor

I played through about 6 or 7 missions and found the game to be too repetitive as well. I had a blast originally but the game lost its luster quickly with me. I know Im in the minority on this but it's just my .02 cents.

16. Dean Cooper

Dean Cooper Supporting Actor

17. Ike

Ike Screenwriter

Brian,

What's your opinon of it? I know you helped with the first two.

18. Mike Ward

Mike Ward Stunt Coordinator

guys here is a cool thing gta3 it long but good

Cheat codes:

Change outfit:

While playing, press Right, Down, Left, Up, L1, L2, Up, Left, Down, Right.

Crazy people:

While playing, press R2, R1, Triangle, X, L2, L1, Up, Down.

All people hate you:

While playing, press Down, Up, Left, Up, X, R1, R2, L1, L2.

Higher Wanted Level:

While playing, press R2, R2, L1, R2, Left, Right, Left, Right, Left, Right.

Lower Wanted Level:

While playing, press R2, R2, L1, R2, Up, Down, Up, Down, Up, Down.

Tank:

While playing, press Circle, Circle, Circle, Circle, Circle, Circle, R1, L2, L1, Triangle, Circle, Triangle.

Speed up time:

While playing, press Circle, Circle, Circle, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, L1, Triangle, Circle, Triangle.

People fight each other:

While playing, press Down, Up, Left, Up, X, R1, R2, L2, L1.

Peaple fistfight each other:

While playing, press Right, R2, Circle, R1, L2, Down, L1, R1.

Great car handling:

While playing, press R1, L1, R2, L1, Left, R1, R1, Triangle.

Gore Mode:

While playing, press Square, L1, Circle, Down, L1, R1, Triangle, Right, L1, X.

Clear Weather:

While playing, press L1, L2, R1, R2, R2, R1, L2, Triangle.

Foggy Weather:

While playing, press L1, L2, R1, R2, R2, R1, L2, X.

Cloudy Weather:

While playing, press L1, L2, R1, R2, R2, R1, L2, Square.

Rainy Weather:

While playing, press L1, L2, R1, R2, R2, R1, L2, Circle.

Marathon runner:

The hero in GTA3 gets tired of sprinting after holding X down too long. To overcome this tap X quickly and he will runner faster and longer than Forrest Gump himself.

Prostitute Trick:

This trick works best in the Red Light District. Get any car, except for a police car, FBI car, Ambulance, Fire Truck or Taxi, and pull alongside the sidewalk next to a girl wearing a Brown or Pink outfit. She will walk over to the car and begin bending over, like she's talking to you. A few seconds later she will get in the car. Drive to a secluded area (or your hideout) and stop the car. Be quick about it, because your money will drain for the amount of time she's in the car. Once the car is stopped, it will begin rocking. It'll rock slow, then it'll get faster. Your health is replenishing, but your money is depleting. Using the prostitute, you can get your health up to a maximum of 125. When you reach the maximum health, she'll get out of the car. Now, if your feeling particularly cold-blooded, you can get out of the car, chase after the prostitute, beat her, and take your money back.

Finding the fastest car in Portland:

Stuck in Portland and can't find yourself a good car? Head to the car dealership next to 8-ball's place and drive through the windows to find yourself a Viper!

Free repairs:

To repair your car for free, go to your hideout and put your car in the garage. Leave the garage so the door closes. Enter the garage again and your car will be as good as new. Note! This does not get rid of the cops. It only fixes the damage.

Unlock Staunton Island:

You have to complete the last Mafia Mission (by sinking the Cartel ship)

Unlock Shoreside Vale:

You have to finish the mission from Donald Love in which you have to kill Kenji of the Yakuza

Finding the fastest car in Portland:

Stuck in Portland and can't find yourself a good car? Head to the car dealership next to 8-ball's place and drive through the windows to find yourself a Viper!

Make your car "fly":

With the code where the pedestrians fight, it along with the improved handling cheat can make the car "fly". When you are at an incomplete bridge, like if you haven't gotten to Shoreside vail from Stautan Island, you get past the barricades, and be careful not to floor it for too long or you will lose control (be familiar with the brakes.) But when you get to the straightaway, floor it and dont move the joystick. When you are in the air with the descent pull the joystick back and you go even further and you land on the bridge - simply the cheats to get all places - except you can't save.

Drive-by:

To do a great drive by killing equipt the uzi's and go into first person mode while in the car. Then press and hold L2 or R2 to look out of the left or right side window. Then while holding one down press Circle to fire the uzi and mow down people on the side-walk

Bulletproof Patriot:

Complete the mission from Ray (the cop) on Stanton Island called "Marked Man" and you will receive the keys to his stash. This contains a flamer, rocket launcher and a lot of cash as well as a bullet-proof Patriot.

Monotov Cocktail (portland):

Go through the tunnel near 8 balls place and kill the 4 tramps inside. Each of the tamps is carrying a Molotov cocktail. (They won't throw them at you bu they will run)

Buggy:

Go to portland, and do all the mafia missions, get to the second level "Staunton Island." You might remember when you took Joeys missions that you saw a cool buggy kind of car. Well you can drive it. Go near your hideout, to the car park near pay and spray. The gang car park between 19.00 and 00.00 its parked on the right. It does get damaged, but its engine is cool!

Blood in German version:

If you have the German PAL Version of GTA3, select English on your playstation2 as your default language, and also choose English as your game language (default is German). After having done this you will notice that people getting shot bleed like hell, unlike in the censored German version, where there is no blood at all.

Car trick:

This is really a cheat, but more of an interesting thing I found. First park a car in the garage at your hideout. Go out of it but stay close enough to it that the door stays open. Before doing this, make sure you have full armour and health, plus a rocket launcher. Aim the launcher at the car and fire. You'll be propelled outside, but if you go inside the garage, the car will be good as new, and on occasion, a different car.

Mission Cheat:

Before you accept the "Fuzz Ball" cheat, go to the shipping shipping docks. Near there you will find two tour busses. They will enable you to pick up alot of girls at once.

Rampage Sniper Trick:

For rampages in which you are required to shoot down other gang members with a sniper, if you release R1 after killing one and press it again after like a split second, more targets will appear on the screen.

Get rid of all cars:

To get rid of all cars, including cops, FBI, and all normal cars driving around, excluding mission cars, and parked cars, just create about 10 tanks with the tank cheat, for some reason the game will not load traffic and your free to do as you please on empty roads! Use the destroy all cars cheat to undo this cheat.

19. BrianB

BrianB Producer

20. Iain Lambert

Iain Lambert Screenwriter

How very diplomatic of you Brian. [​IMG]
    Seriously, I'm looking forward to getting a PS2 for this (or at least buying the PC version), but it does look remarkably like 'GTA in 3D' and nothing more. However, the number of people out there who wouldn't play the first two just because they think 2D games look old, or just couldn't get into the top-down rotation controls (strangely, there are people who never played Asteroids or Super Sprint), so are just experiencing what the series does for the first time properly is apparently rather large.
    And I've still not been able to find a copy of the Dreamcast GTA2 anywhere... [​IMG]