What's new

WOW! Big news regarding Sega and MS! (1 Viewer)

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
There's actually little 'news' there - just rumours. CSK announced that they'll announce more details of their plans to reorganise the company at the end of their financial year(March 2002 or thereabouts).
People are reading into that that they will sell off Sega - and thus, that article puts 2 & 2 together to say Microsoft are buying them.
Not saying it won't happen - just saying that there are precious /hard facts/ in that particular news report.
------------------
Nothing In Particular

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
I agree BrianB, and if you think about it, MS could have easily bought them when Sega was really hurting for cash. Now I wouldn't be surprised to see MS dump a lot of money into Sega in order to have Sega make more titles for the Xbox than anyother console, but buyout I don't see that happening. But then again I could be wrong and if MS did buy Sega out I would then HAVE to buy an Xbox(not that I already wasn't planning on it
wink.gif
)

Adam Nixon

Second Unit
Boy, this would REALLY shake up the balance of power, and even out the odds for all consoles. However, I read a similar rumor that Nintendo was contemplating buying Sega a couple of months ago -- and nothing came of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks