What's new

Wow: Another price drop on the MCM 250 watt plate amp (1 Viewer)

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
For those of you looking for a cheap/effective plate amp, MCM has dropped another $10.00 off the price of their 250 watt amp. The price is now down to $89.

Also, MCM has free shipping until 1/5/2004 for orders greater than $100.

250 Watt Plate Amp

* - I'm not affiliated with MCM. Just mentioning a great deal when I see one. :)

Happy New Year, Y'all.

Tab Nichols

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone have any experience with MCM products? Are they any good?

Theres also a 360WRMS amp here...

Any thoughts?

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the heads up. I have a lesser MCM amp powering a small 8" sub (50-6271... which appears to have been discontinued) and have had no problems with it. If I recall, I paid about $89 for half of the wattage back then. :angry:

I've mostly used them for inexpensive drivers. They do have some real gems in their inventory...at a great price, but they also have a lot of crummy stuff.

Hank Frankenberg

Senior HTF Member
I've used some of their drivers - they've got some good aluminum cone jobs. I've used various hardware too. I think I bought a plate amp also. They carry LOTS of products, but as Dave said, some of their speaker-related stuff is good.

Aaron Howell

Stunt Coordinator
I have two of those exact MCM amps, and I think I'm going to buy a third now.

I also have a few of their speakers, all of the stuff I have gotten from them has been great.

The MCM speakers in the adire bang! are fine. Even with all the dust and abuse in the basement they do great down there.

Robert_Gaither

Screenwriter
Hmm... I wonder with the new 500 watt+ plate amps that's came out and the way pro-amp prices are dropping is affecting the sale of these plate amps?

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member

Tab,

Frank Carter ordered the 250 watt plate amp for a project he's doing. Apparently, the quality of the amp is pretty good. Also, I believe Frank spoke with the folks at MCM and the amp is based on a similar design (or same design) that the Parts Express amp uses. I'll see if I can't dig up that thread where Frank made some comments regarding MCM.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I've used both of the 250W amps from MCM and PE, and they appear to be made from the same place, and there's just a few bits that might get tinkered with in terms of rumble filter/boost options, but that's about it.

Frank Carter

Screenwriter
Here's the link to what I said.

I'm letting my brother use the amp until I get my project finished. I'll hook it up tomorrow in my brother's system which uses a vented sub with an original SVS CS driver(an 18-50CS if you want to go with SVS nomenclature).

This amp has no rumble filter built in. Like I mentioned in my other post, I have the manual and schematics saved on my computer if anyone wants it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks