WOW!!!! and a question

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Henry Hughes, Feb 19, 2003.

1. Henry Hughes

Henry Hughes Agent

I finally got my new HT system. Its nothing really elaborate. I wanted to get the Onkyo HT-650 HTIB. But I read about all the problems members have been having with the receiver. So this is what I got

Onkyo SKSHT500 speaker set(swapped out the mains for my Cerwin Vega RE30's)
    Yamaha HTR-5540
    Panasonic RP62K
    everything being played on a 36 inch Sony Vega TV

I finally got a chance to play with it last night. I watched "Top Gun" and OMG!!!!! I have been missing a whole lot. Just then intro with the Jet engine heating up and the music had my whole house shaking, and sent my dogs running for cover. The whole movie is simply amazing on the system. Then I played the second chapter from "Blade2" when Blade is chasing the vampires, jumps out the window and shoots the vampire. I had to go find new pants [​IMG]
    I AM HOOKED [​IMG] , I want more and I want it NOW!
    The thing I was wondering to myself is that if the system I have is considered to be "low end" I simply can't imagine what a high end HT sounds like. I probably would have to keep fresh pants handy. [​IMG]
    Ok now my question, I went and purchased the THX-certified monster subwoofer cable and the S-Video cable. Would these be a noticeable change over the ones that I have now. The subwoofer cable I am using came with the speakers, and the s-video cable Im using came with my TV.
    Thanks for reading this LOOONG message. I have been reading this forum for a long time and its nice to finally have a HT.

2. ColinM

ColinM Cinematographer

3. Michael Mathius

Michael Mathius Supporting Actor

Don't go out buying expensive cables just yet. Keep a lookout in the for sale section of this forum for individuals selling cables they no longer need. You may even find a member who may be building cables and is looking to share the cost.

Enjoy your ht.

4. JeremyFr

JeremyFr Supporting Actor

I wouldn't have spent the extra on monstors THX stuff but they M-Series Subwoofer cable made a difference on my sub and was relatively affordable alot more so than the THX stuff.