What's new

WOW.... "A.I". and "SayAnything" found early..... (1 Viewer)

Jenna

Second Unit
Real Name
Jeanette Howard
How often does this happen?!
I found both "A.I. Artificial Intelligence" and "Say Anything" on the shelf a week before their 3/5 release! I was having a bad day, too -- so this was a welcome discovery. Don't want to get anyone in trouble, so let's just say I found them at a major electronics chain that's not Circuit City...(and they have a promo this week if you buy 3 DVDs, you get $5.00 off...") Thanks to whoever slipped up, and made my day.
Both releases are fabulous "must haves". You've read Ron's Reviews so I don't need to elaborate as he's covered all the bases extremely well.
Cold weather + warm fire + 2NewDVDs = cozy night!:D

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
Sounds good to me, but the question is... did you get next week's sale prices for them?

Jenna

Second Unit
Real Name
Jeanette Howard
No...paid the regular prices (less the $5.00 discount) BUT, I'll take next week's Circuit City Sunday ad (which is always cheaper than this store) back to the store on Tuesday, and they'll match CC's low price AND give me an additional 10%!!!!
(This happened only once before a year ago, and they quickly refunded the difference without any complaint!) :D

PatrickM

Screenwriter
Wow, I never find them early here in Vancouver. And, I want all three titles mentioned. Damn, I guess I have to wait until next week.

Patrick

Yumbo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris Caine
got AI last Sunday.

smiles. happens all the time.

Mark Bendiksen

Screenwriter
I ordered these two from a local "mom and pop" operation, and the owner said he could have them for me on Saturday. I hope so, because I'm really looking forward to both these discs.

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
Circuit City will not street things early. We can't ring things up prior to street date...unless you want to pay $999.99 for them.

Derrick_Ellis

Stunt Coordinator
If I didn't already pre-order both titles from DVD Empire, I would be on the hunt right now. I know a couple of places in my area that slip up on occasion.

Yumbo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris Caine
grin,

my Monday = your Sunday.

more early stuff this Munday!

howzat!?

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
rock_band.gif

(Sung to the tune of "Manic Monday", by The Bangles)
Link RemovedIt's just another silly streetdate...Link Removed
:laugh:

paul o'donnell

Second Unit
Not much happening in your post there David :laugh:
I could have had these a good time befoe the street date, but had to wait for some other things to get in stock to save on shipping :frowning:

David Lawson

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Lawson
I too found Say Anything at said retailer earlier this week for $14.99, but there was no sign of A.I.. Much to my dismay, there was no sign of Glengarry Glen Ross or The Usual Suspects: SE, either. ;)

Chris Lynch

Stunt Coordinator
I jolted around town today to find A.I. myself. No luck. Guess us less fortunate have to wait until Tuesday.

Incidentally, I asked the movie guy at Hastings if they just happened to be on the shelves at the moment. He said, no, and businesses actually have to pay serious fines if they get busted doing that. I told him, I understand, but I was going to try elsewhere to find it early anyway. He said, cool, if I find it, by all means, buy it, but be sure and call him, so he could report the guilty company. I can't decide if that comment upset me or not.

So I just bought another Farscape instead.

Brian Harnish

Screenwriter
I went to all major retailers in my area Friday evening and none of them had A.I. and Say Anything out on the shelves. *sigh*. I really want these titles but I guess I'll have to wait 'till Tuesday. So much for the Laser's Edge. I was hoping they'd ship 'em early. Looks like I'm gonna try DVD Empire for the next batch of DVDs; they seem to ship stock as they get them rather than waiting for the street date.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks