Wow... 3 days of hard work and this is what I ended up with....

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Chris Hovanic, Jul 28, 2003.

1. Chris Hovanic

Chris Hovanic Supporting Actor

Theater Pic

Click here for more pictures.

Well most of the work is done. Paint, curtains and a bit of sweat. All that is left is finishing up two of my CD shelves and putting together some decorations/wall hangings.

Three coats of Plumit (a very dark purple, the pics don't do it justice). I was a little nervous after the first coat. (you can see painting pictures here. )

I also installed my DIY DVD/CD racks in my built in shelves and some front speaker mounts.

The room turns almost black when I sit down in the evening to watch a movie. What an improvement! [​IMG]

My wife did an great job with color choices and picking out the curtains. Without her I would be sitting in a boring black room with a mess of CD's and DVD's stacked up on either side of the TV.

2. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    Nice. I wish I could paint my room dark right now but that will have to wait.

3. Shane Morales

Shane Morales Second Unit

Very nice. The dark purple is great!

4. Jay Mitchosky

Jay Mitchosky Producer

Cool. LOVE dark purple. I changed the above image tag to a URL - maximum embedded image size is 40K and that badboy is 116K.

5. Ron-P

Ron-P Producer

Ron
    Looks great Chris! Love the dark. I painted, carpeted my room solid black, I love it.

Peace Out~[​IMG]

6. Chris Hovanic

Thanks everyone... The Dark color is so much better than I thought it would be [​IMG]

Jay sry about the phat image.... :b Shame on me :b

7. David Preston

David Preston Supporting Actor

Man that looks great. I would say it is worth all the hard work. You did excellent on the curtains.

8. Owen Bartley

Owen Bartley Second Unit

That theatre looks great, Chris. It looks so cozy to watch a movie in I almost curled up right at my desk and put my head down. Good job! [​IMG]

9. Chris Hovanic

Thanks David. The credit goes to the wife on the curtains. I just hung the brackets. She picked them out did all the ironing and hung them on the brackets I put up. (BTW she could have hung the brackets too but I needed something to do :b )

Owen your right. I fell asleep watching Coupling last night. Might be due to lack of sleep. I hope that is what caused it. It will make watching movies difficult if I keep falling asleep.

Thanks again.

10. David Preston

David Preston Supporting Actor

Chris did you relay the message to your wife. Let her know your friends on HTF said she done a excellent job.

11. BrianKR

BrianKR Second Unit

3 DAYS?!?!?!?!
    3 DAYS?!?!?!?!

I have been working on my room for over 4 MONTHS and all yours took was 3 DAYS?!?!?! [​IMG]
    I should've had you and your wife come to my house and do my room!:b

Your room looks great Chris! [​IMG]
    Love the color! [​IMG]

12. Chris Hovanic

David... thats a great idea... I will let her know [​IMG]

Brian , 3 days was just for paint, curtins and installing the custom DVD/CD racks and Speaker mounts. Speaker wireing was already done as was instalation of conduit from TV to closet for cable runs. Our room is our family room and not a dedicated room. Is your room dedicated? Im sure your doing quite a bit more work than I did in the 3 days. [​IMG]

Check here for before pictures.

13. Shervin

Shervin Agent

nice... your house looks like a house off of trading spaces! You did a great job.

14. BrianKR

BrianKR Second Unit

I was just messing Chris. I know it was no piece of cake to do what you and your wife did. I bought a home almost 3 years ago and it seems we are never done modifying the rooms to our liking. 9 rooms done and 6 to go! [​IMG]

Yeah my room is dedicated, a dedicated never ending project! [​IMG]
    I checked out all of your pictures. You did a great job!

15. Chris Hovanic

Shervin, funny u said that... we were just joking that it was like trading spaces, with out the trading or the bad luck of getting a crapy designer. [​IMG] Thanks.

Brian I knew you were just messing.... would love to see some pics of your never ending project. [​IMG]

16. BrianKR

BrianKR Second Unit

My room is almost complete. The only thing is, it's been in the almost complete mode for over 6 weeks. I had to shift gears and get my yard work done (OMG this is definitely one area that will never be done) and finish painting a newly added room to our home.

All I need to do with my HT room is finish up the curtains, rope lights and a few pieces of molding (1 week tops). I am not adding sound absorption to my walls until my kids go back to school. Summer is for swimming and bar-BQ's, not working in the basement. [​IMG]

I will have pictures up within the next couple weeks. I don't mind showing my HT room as long as I have the curtains up.