Would you trade Sony HS61 for Toshiba 65H80? And...?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dylan_Rizzo, Sep 19, 2001.

1. Dylan_Rizzo

Dylan_Rizzo Extra

I have a chance to sell my Sony Hi Scan 61 and use the money to buy a used Toshiba 65H80 for same amount. My question is that it will be going in to my basement and MY Sony at 54" was touching ceiling and stairs at same time. Can the Toshiba be seperated from the base easily to reduce the overall size. I am not afraid to disasemble if only removing things to go right back in without alignments and things. I have had Sony apart and done manual focus and things so have little experince. What do you think is it worth it....? I feel the picture size will be big improvement; However it will be going in here so more construction work URGH.....
    http://community.webshots.com/user/rizzdog
    ------------------
    -Sony STR-V333ES
    -Polk Audio RT-3000's W/Polk Audio RT-55's used as Satelites.
    -Polk CS-400 center & Polk MIII's for rears.
    - Velodyne CT-120 subwoofer.
    - Acoustic Research cables & connects.
    - Monster cable XP-HP speaker wire.
    - Philips DVD player.
    - Sony HI Scan KPHS61 RPTV

2. James W. Johnson

James W. Johnson Screenwriter

Nice set-up , but forget the 65H80 , that room of yours is a perfect candidate for front projection. Why hassel with carrying a 300+ lb. TV when you could get a 3.3lb NEC LT150 and get an image up to 300" that would rival the 65H80s?
    It looks like your center and main speakers are built in, you might want to move the center channel and clock so you can have a larger picture or you could leave them intact and use pretty much every drop of space thats left on that wall for a screen.
    BTW nice car, what sort of mods have you done to the intake?

3. Dylan_Rizzo

Dylan_Rizzo Extra

James,
    FP would be nice; However we are talking even swap here no cash out of pocket just time. Just got off phone with local service business refered tome by Toshiba. They said the lower half of the 65H80 can be removed from cabinet, as well as screen to to reduce weight of bulky cabinet by 1/2. Then I could pull up stairs(they are oak and need to be sanded anyways) and gently lower cabinet down stairs. Bring the lower half down and reassemble in room.
    The car as box stock Edelbrock RPM EFI intake with 65mm throttle body and 30 lb injectors. Hoping to go 12.40's on the 26 TH at about 109-110 mph on the motor. My 107 was in 97 degree heat this summer.