What's new

Would you swap? Kenwood for Sherwood? (1 Viewer)

Michael Lyons

Auditioning
My first post! It's great to have a place for beginners. Thank you!

My question: I have an opportunity to trade mt Kenwood vr357 5.1 100w per channel ht receiver for a 1 month old Sherwood 6.1 Channel (rd-7500) 100w.per channel. Is it a good trade? I tried the Sherwood and I like the sound. There's not much on the Sherwood in the way of reviews.

The Kenwood IR quit working so I have no remote. My buddy wants my Kenwood. He just wants it for music (he doesn't even have a tv) he doesn't care about the remote.

I watch movies but don't listen to music much. Neither passes svideo or component video. The Sherwood does ES, neo something or other and other dsp's.

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
Has your friend mentioned what's motivating him to get rid of the Sherwood?

Michael Lyons

Auditioning
No, But he thinks the Kenwood is simpler to use and thinks it will be better for music. He didn't like the menus on the Sherwood.

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
I looked up the Kenwood vr357 at audioreview.com and it appears to be a bare bones Dolby Digital (no DTS) receiver that was packaged as part of a home theater in a box set in 1999. I can't imagine why he would trade for an older receiver with considerably fewer features but it sounds like a good deal from your point of view.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Michael, your thread has been moved to Receivers/Separates because you're asking about a specific trade. The Basics area is for general discussion at the beginner level.

Phil Taylor

Supporting Actor
I've got a Sherwood receiver and have been very happy with it - good sound and performance for the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks