Would you sign up?

Discussion in 'Computers' started by DeathStar1, Jun 9, 2006.

1. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

OK everyone, suggestions needed..

I keep on getting suggestions from fellow web hosters who have either unlimited funds, or real data centers to host their sites. I'm using a companies data center so i have to pay for my space....yet they all say I'm too expensive for the basic stuff I offer.

So, my question is...

1)what do you think of the new site design done by a proffesional web designer...

2)would you sign up with those prices?

https://www.entservers.com is the link.

If you can think of anything I could add that isn't transfer intensive...LMK.

2. Christ Reynolds

Christ Reynolds Producer

CJ
    1. i think he better rethink the term "professional" in professional web designer. the page fails validation, and fails hard. no doctype?! yikes. also fails css validation.

2. am i missing something? all the plans have the same features.

CJ

3. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

Hmm, I'll look into #1. But as far as #2 goes...nope. The only difference is data and transfer. Like I said, as of now, we only plan to offer the basics...

4. Christ Reynolds

Christ Reynolds Producer

CJ
    but there IS no difference.

bronze: $4/month
    bandwidth: 1599 MB
    disk space: 900 MB

gold: $8/month

platinum: $12/month

so, what is the difference between the plans?

and what does "unlimited features" mean? might want to clarify that.

CJ

5. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

Hmm, weird. I thought I changed that. Yeah, there is a difference in those plans, I just have to put it back the right way [​IMG]. 1599 / 900 is the max plan..

But I'm thinking of signing of for a dedicated server with greater space and transfer options than I Have now so I might be able to offer more.

6. Adam Barratt

Adam Barratt Cinematographer

Adam
    I can think of many companies that offer a lot more for a lot less. If you want to attract customers for your prices, features and bandwidth, I suggest emphasising reliability, uptime and backups (assuming these are all offered, and uptime/reliability aren't things you can brag about without some hours under your belt so will probably have to wait).

Adam

7. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

Yep, we do have nightly backup, the 'Installitron' feature of Direct Admin for easy application install, and uptime so far since I've been with this data center has been virtually 99.9 percent. The few times we where down, it was fixed instantly when I IM'ed them.

I could sign up for the dedicated server, go as low as 2$'s a month for 200GB Data transfer, and 10GB space. But I seriously doubt people will even need that much, unless it's an up and coming corporate website like Disney or something...