What's new

Would you pay $30 to watch a first-run movie in your home ahead of video release? (1 Viewer)

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
No. I can understand how some might... But that's too much for me. I always wait for discounts on most of what I buy. With Big Lots, Black Fridays and so forth...how many can I get for $30? A lot!

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
The 3 big chains (Regal, AMC, and Cinemark) hope to have the digital conversions completed nationwide by the end of 2012.

Originally Posted by Adam Gregorich

That's pretty impressive! Most of the big cineplexes here only have a few theaters with digital projection, forget about the 2nd runs.

WealthBuilder

Auditioning
Real Name
Aham Nwede
I am not sure what the benefit would be to pay $30 to watch a first run ahead of the video release, unless you have a bomb HT setup and you simply want to impress your friends!

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Originally Posted by WadeLil

I think this would be a good deal 4 families or couples but not too many individuals.I also think should this gain traction u will start to see the DVD window increase once again.The whole reason 4 d shrinkage in recent years was to capitalize on B.O. AS FAST AS POSSIBLE.But this waters down the need 4 that.

While it won't be said, it's a fantastic deal for people with a child with disabilities. In fact, $30? That's really nothing. That's 2 3D tickets. The more I think about this, the more I think I'd do it in a heartbeat.

CaseyL

Supporting Actor
Possibly, but I'd probably be more likely to pay $30 if I could watch the film at home during it's theatrical run.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks