What's new

Would you or wouldn't you get offended by :).... (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
seeing someone wearing a shirt that said No Ma'am: National Organization against Amazonian Masterhood? I was browsing a website and thought about ordering another shirt to replace my old one that I either threw out or got misplaced.

But I'm extremly curious to see if people who DON'T know where the shirt came from might get offended by it, or think it's something serious :)... It would help if it had a nice MWC logo somewhere, heh.

So, would you or wouldn't you proudly wear a no Ma'am Shirt in public? :)..

Brian Harnish

Screenwriter
I would proudly wear a No Ma'am Shirt in public. If someone who doesn't have a sense of humor gets offended by it, it's not my problem. :)

Adam Barratt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
I wouldn't be offended, but considering how obscure the reference/Bundyism is I'm sure many people would be looking around for your 'life partner'. [seinfeld]Not that there's anything wrong with that.[/seinfeld] ;)

Adam

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
What Adam said. It could go over well if the onlookers know the show and get the reference, but if you wear it among people who don't get it, the reactions could be blank stares, or snickering, or whatever.

It could also turn violent, if you run into one of those über-PC crusaders, like the guy who punched Chris Pontius in an old episode of Jackass. Pontius dressed up as the devil and held a poster that read "Get God out of California!" Granted, it was a tasteless joke, but being punched for it? Wouldn't wanna see you knocked out by a real-life Marcy D'Arcy ;)

Personally, I'd wear it. To hell with the humorless people who miss the point of it.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

That seems more like "No Am'ma." Are you quoting it right?

And get the shirt. :emoji_thumbsup:

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

It's actually NO MA'AM:
National
Organization of
Men
Against
Amazonian
Masterhood

"Brother Jefferson will read the minutes from our last meeting!"

"8:01, 8:02, 8:03 . . . "

Mary M S

Screenwriter
..it would never offend me.
I find humor the grease that oils a difficult world. However I am not the best opinion since I feel the PC Police are overboard; my normal reaction to such: “Come on..lighten up!” I laughed till I fell off the chair during the Evil Twin Kia commercials. (even though I am an animal nut).

I don’t feel you have anything to fear from the land of the tal Kyrte, or the dreaded androktones, as they are sadly mostly extinct. :)

I speak Matriarch only, but my husband understands me.
His mother made sure he learned both languages.

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
And this website would be......????? >>

80stees.com Go to the TV Section. Only two MWC shirts, and the other has been sold out for a w hile...

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
"Personally, I'd wear it. To hell with the humorless people who miss the point of it"

yup

Nigel McN

Supporting Actor
wouldn't 664, or 668 be more appropriate?

Iron Maiden don't have a monopoly on '666, number of the beast', where do you think they got it from?

Wayde_R

Stunt Coordinator

Interesting. I used to mostly get beat up by guys wearing Ozzy and Judas Priest T-shirts when I was in high school.

I would wear a Black Flagg or Dead Kennedy's Tshirt at the time.

Metallica eventually united us and we all became friends.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks