What's new

Would you buy a Kenwood VR-506 for 139.00? (1 Viewer)

RobertWhitlow

Auditioning
Hello All, I have been doing the home theater thing for awhile...."first post here" and I am wondering what you guys think about this product. I will be driving Polk RT25i's on all four corners and a Polk CSi175 for a center and a BIC "POS" Sub. I would like to get a little better reciever but at this price I am thinking it may serve it's duty for awhile. Also what exactly is the benifit of 'CS-Suround"...

Thanks all.....

Keith Ro

Agent
I have the model up, the 507. It adds a few extra features, most notably a better remote and Pro Logic II.

If you can live without the latest goodies, like Pro Logic II or DTS-ES etc., then I think you're getting a solid product for the price.

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
You would be hard to find something better at that price. CS Surround is Kenwood's (and maybe another manufacturer?) version of DPL II. My parents have the 507 with DPL II and CS Surround and I found the CS surround is far better than DPL II. It sounds more like DTS NEO. In my opinion this would be a solid receiver to keep you satisfied for a year or so while you save up for a mid-fi receiver.

Greg Haynes

Supporting Actor
I'd say go for it, the best thing is in a year from now if you want to upgrade to mid-fi receiver you'll probably be able to sell the Kenwood for not that much of a loss and you can put the money towards the newer receiver. Enjoy the time the now :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks