What's new

Would two 2-1/2" ports work for my Titanic ... (1 Viewer)

Jason Hammerly

Supporting Actor
I have a 12" Titanic MK II and was using winisd to come up with a box design. I came up with a 142.5 L enclosure with a tune of 20 hz. With 2 ports of 2-1/2" and a length of 11.06" I have a mach of .08. Is there anything I should worry about going this route? I have this 2-1/2" PVC laying around from a project and figured I could use it rather than buying one 4" flared port. I could even go with 3 ports 17.5" long from the 2-1/2" PVC. Any opinions on this one? thanks

Jason

Kyle Richardson

Screenwriter
That size enclosure would work with the Titanic MkII just fine for an EBS alignment. 2 of the 2.5" ports will be fine as well but I'd round the MDF at the port opening to create a flare to reduce wind turbulance. Other than that you are good to go!

Mike Keith

Second Unit
That seem a little high, I don't know about the units of measure you are useing .08 mach? how did you get this number. WinISD only shows MPH f/s m/s, I'm used to the m/s and and as far as my calculations go .08 mach is about 26.4 m/s which is too high you need to be around 18m/s or lower.

Kyle Richardson

Screenwriter
If the vent edges are rounded he shouldnt hear any audible chuffing except for the possiblity of sine waves in the 20Hz area. For regular listening material he should probably be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks