What's new

would this work???? (1 Viewer)

Burklund

Stunt Coordinator
Heres what I'm thinking....
Infinity Beta 50 tower speakers in the front.
Infinity Beta C360 center speaker
...and maybe an Infinity Subwoofer
...could I use another set of the beta 50s as rear speakers?? Would that make any sense in doing that? I would like to have the complete "surround sound" for TV, but would like to have decent sound for my music.
I dont have a home theater reciever yet...so thats "up in the air" too.
My living room is about 20x15. I considered using satellite speakers in the rear but I'm not sure if I can find "voice matched" satellites to match the Beta 50/C360. Another thing is mounting the satellites. I'd hate to have to go drilling into my walls and trying to run wires behind the sheetrock.

---------WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT MY CHOICE OF HAVING BETA 50'S FOR REAR SPEAKERS?

T H A N K S !!!!

John S

Senior HTF Member
I highly endorse it. I actually love the same exact speaker in all locations for surround. Just my preference really.

Burklund

Stunt Coordinator
would a subwoofer (behind the couch) be necessary? or just a waste of money since I have 8" subs in all four towers and the center?

What about a reciever? Since I have decent speakers what would make for a good match as far as a home theater reciever?

THANKS AGAIN

Will d s

Stunt Coordinator
You would probably still want a subwoofer for the extra punch it provides and it will produce a far lower frequency response. The reciever would depend upon what kind of budget you had in mind.

Jeff_CusBlues

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeff
I own the Rotel 1056 Receiver and am very happy with it. It is a 75 Watt receiver so I assume it would power your Infinities and a subwoofer just fine. You can run a separate power amp if needed or budget allows. the 1056 retails for $1275 US, but I'm sure you can get 10% - 15% off.

Jeff_CusBlues

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeff
Ditto the SVS Sub. I own the 25-31 PCi and it is very nice. I shake the room nicely when it is called for.

Jeff_CusBlues

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeff
SVS is an Internet only purchase. This forum wont let me post URLs until I submit 15 responses...but hopefully I can say it contains svsubwoofers and com. They are also a sponsor of this forum and have a link on the main page. I bought their cheapest subwoofer, the 25-31PCi ($549US + $19.65 shipping to Ft. Wayne, IN). This is a great performer and delivers accurate, non-boomy, bass when called for. The sub is down firing and cylindrical shaped. I have heard here that some guys' wives protest due to the size and shape, but my wife was impressed both sonically and visually. They also have many other types based on your needs, desires and budget. The speakers/subwoofers section of this forum has many posts concerning SVS. Good luck.

SethH

Senior HTF Member
Go here: www.svsubwoofers.com

If you're budget won't stretch far enough for an SVS look at Hsu or if you really need to save some money look at the Dayton 10" from PartsExpress.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks