What's new

Would this be "good" wire for 50' in wall run? (1 Viewer)

Bill Waxman

Auditioning
Wayne,

I have yet to upgrade my indoor ht system and there is nothing out back yet, so I'm still very flexible. I was planning on keeping the outdoor system generally separate from the indoor home theater system. I suppose I could always get a 2-zone receiver and connect an output of that receiver to an input of the outdoor receiver or something like that for when I want to play the same material, but if there is a better alternative to creating sound to one's backyard I would certainly be willing to consider a wide variety of options. I wonder if there are any receivers or players that are specifically designed for outdoor/mono use...?

My "soon to be old" receiver that I was considering using for the outdoor speakers is an Onkyo TX-DS484. I have yet to buy speakers for the backyard yet, as I have yet to determine what speakers would be best. In reading the white paper on summing networks, I fear that soldering and building something like this would be well above my knowledge/skill level. Perhaps the double Y-splitter idea wouldn't be so bad, despite Rane's prejudices against it.

I also haven't decided on what type of input source I would be using for the outdoor speakers besides the radio signal from the receiver. I assumed any cd player would do, but in writing this, I'm imagining some sort of "outdoor" theater system, so I may consider using a dvd player instead.

I hope this all helps. Thanks for everything.
-Bill

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks