What's new

Would these speakers work with my sony soundbar (1 Viewer)

EliteClone

Auditioning
Real Name
Josh
Sorry if this was not the right place to post about this

I have a sony ht-ct790 soundbar . I got a awesome deal on it and I love it. I saw this at bestbuy the other day these https://www.bestbuy.com/site/insignia-universal-rear-speakers-pair-black/5864200.p?skuId=5864200

My current set up is a 55inch tcl r615 and I have the soundbar hooked up to the arc hdmi port on my tcl tv. Since my soundbar is hooked up by hdmi would those rear speakers even be possible to hook up. From what I can tell those rear speakers use optical to get sound. I read in one of the reviews on the product page that someone had their soundbar hooked up by arc hdmi and they used the optical port on his tv to hook up the rear speakers and said it worked. Does that sound right? To me that sound odd but im looking for inexpensive way to add rear speakers. Is there anyother way to hook these up with this soundbar if that way doesnt work? Sony sells some that are compatible with this sound bar but they are 200.00 a piece and thats just way to much. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Here is the product page of my soundbar https://www.sony.com/electronics/sound-bars/ht-ct790S

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Looking at pg. 40 of your manual, it appears that the Sony speakers are the only ones you can use to get surround sound. I assume that’s what you really want, not just “rear speakers?”

That’s not to say that you can’t use other means to get “rear” speakers, because (as you noted) your TV has more than one audio output option. I put “rear” in quotes because it won’t be surround sound. It will merely duplicate what your Sony is generating, only coming from the back.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks