Would the PE DLS 10" Sub be better...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by george.Legeza, Jan 6, 2003.

1. george.Legeza

george.Legeza Stunt Coordinator

...than the AIWA TS-W150 that I'm using right now? I've already resolved myself to saving for an SVS, but that's a few months off and I'm not at all happy with the Aiwa. It doesn't extend very low and it sounds incredibly boomy. I don't want to spend a whole lot of money on what would essentially be a temporary sub, but seeing as how I should be able to get the DLS delivered to my door for

2. Jose G

Jose G Supporting Actor

George, you mean you haven't read the thread on the "tiny Mighty" DLS 10? C'mon, man- read, read!

Here's the short of it since it is a long thread indeed: You won't get a better sub for the money and it cost me $115.98 shipped and double boxed. You can't beat that- no mods needed. Someone here stated that the moded Sony went down to about 26Hz, which the DLS does without mods and with a smaller woofer. The sony is a 12" I believe, the DLS a 10." The Sony without mods has been said to be "boomy' while the DLS to be "tight."

The only issue is that PE is out of stock right now, as it was when I ordered it- but they delivered around the time stated on the web sight. Hope this helps.

3. steve nn

steve nn Cinematographer

Jose I agree except the DLS comes stock with the mods already done. If one were to compare the Sony to the DLS after the Mods were done to the Sony the DLS numbers would be more impressive yet over the Sony imo.

4. george.Legeza

george.Legeza Stunt Coordinator

Thanks! I think I'll place my order tommorow. [​IMG]
    I noticed the thread and started reading through it, but as you said - it's quite a long read. I knew the DLS was good, but I was hoping to see if someone could tell me whether or not it'd be a worthwhile upgrade from the (very-budget) sub I'm using now. It looks like it will be, though, so thanks again.

5. Jose G

Jose G Supporting Actor

Steve, I think we're saying the same thing.
    That 26Hz Sony nyumber is an after mod number which comes from another thread on the forum, not your thread on the DLS- which I know was the Sony tested without mods.

6. steve nn

steve nn Cinematographer

Ah--Ha>> I see what your saying brother Jose. Thanks for setting me strait.