What's new

Would Spock be a Tube or Solid State Guy? (1 Viewer)

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
Well, what do you think that the Vulcan would do? Only thing I know for sure is that Kirk would be out there looking to drop trou at every planet.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
uhhhhh according to Season 6, epsiode #397, "Spoc Spreken ze Sassy" the Holodeck deals with digital amplification only.

gregD

Second Unit
Solid state for Spock.

I suspect tubes for Picard, who appreciates Old World technology.

Kirk would be downloading bootleg mp3's for his iPod.

Dan Lindley

Second Unit
Another vote for solid state for Kirk, in principle. In practice, Kirk, ignoring Chu's question, would be off violating the prime directive with female blueshirts at BB.

Scotty is solid state, too (though for Scotty, he'd always be having trouble getting 105% out of his transformer and his subwoofers would always be on the verge of bottoming out...).

I agree on Tubes for McCoy and Picard.

Here's the question: tubes or solid state for Data? He is solid state, but longs to be more human.... Hmmm????

Dan J S

Agent
You guys forgot Wesley Crusher who would mod one of those Panasonic digital recievers to run directly off of dilythium crystals.

Spock would in fact be tooting a new technology that mind-melds music directly into your brain making everything else obsolete.

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
Maybe it's me, but Wesley always struck me as a close'n'play kind of guy. :rolleyes

I know: how about Worf?

Krell

gregD

Second Unit
Wonder how big a WAF factor Counsellor Troy would be?

Would you get the Bose cubes for her?... I believe I just might!

Then I'd retreat to the HoloDeck where several oversized custom dream systems have been programmed by me for my enjoyment... might as well synthesize a 7-of-9 while I'm down there.

Of course Deanna would read my mind and I'd be immediately busted.

They seem to do that in real life too, come to think of it...

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
Robb- Good one!

Greg- Don't know if you meant it or not, but there is a very large pun in there. (Or two!)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks