What's new

Would my circut breaker, effect my HT ? (1 Viewer)

Angel K

Auditioning
I just built my new house with no basement. So my circut breaker box is on the first floor. I had planned on building my HT into a custom wall in front of this breaker box to cover it. I dont know if my HT, Big screen tv + Audio, will be effected, cause it will be right behind it. Any thoughts? Also if it will effect it, what can I do to fix it.
Thanks for the help.
Brian

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Angel,
Welcome to the Forum!
quote: I had planned on building my HT into a custom wall in front of this breaker box to cover it.[/quote]
The first thing that comes to mind is, what are you going to do when you trip a breaker?
------------------
My Equipment List
[Edited last by Wayne A. Pflughaupt on August 08, 2001 at 03:03 AM]

Angel K

Auditioning
Well as to what if. When I do trip one I guess I will have to pull out the TV to get to it. I really have no choice as to where I can locate the HT. As for dont get to close to it, how close would that be, and is that for the tv or audio as well?
If it really is a bad idea, I might be able to put it on this other wall, but really want to avoid that. Is there anything that I can put in between them
(circut breaker + HT) to make them work?
Thanks again for all the help.
Angel

Bill Catherall

Screenwriter
How big is the room? Have you thought about building a wall a few feet away and create a storage area back there? You could use this to keep your equipment out of site but easily accessible and still be able to get to the circuit breaker. You'd also be far enough away to not worry about magnetic interference.
------------------
Bill
biggrin.gif

mickey31.gif

Ben Cannon

Grip
If you *block* access to the breaker box, you're almost certin to violate a whole slew of building codes and local laws...
Can you possibly flip the entire HT 180-degrees? (ie, put the rear channels where you want to put the TV, build the 'wall' on the other side too?)
Circuit brakers are magnetic in nature.... there will be some fields generated...
That said, I have a 50A 240v subpannel in my 'edit' room, and there is a 21" CRT computer monitor not 4 feet away. it's fine. (and I'm picky :)
Best!
Ben.
------------------
theatre.jpg

Ben Cannon
Dream With Your Eyes Wide Open, Inc.
"Every man dies, not every man really lives" --Mel Gibson, "Braveheart"

Ted White

Agent
Ben is right on the money. If this is the main panel, you would be in serious code violation. If something ever happened, you're insurance company might refuse to pay out.
Plus it's just not safe.
Ted

Angel K

Auditioning
I really dont have a choice in the matter. The other wall, is kinda to small. As for code it will be built after I get the approval.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks