What's new

Would love some help - Panasonic PT-AE100E (1 Viewer)

Richard Hardbattle

Stunt Coordinator
UK member - Just ordered the above projector.

I have a few questions regarding my set-up.

I mainly use a very old Pioneer DVD player the 505. It has scart out and also RGB/S-Video.

What would be the best way to connect it to the projector? s-video?

I have a X-box - would love to see its progressive scan on the projector - I know I have to buy the advance HD kit - but does this use the component input?

Can you watch TV/Sky etc through the projector - and if so, how?

And, last question - regarding mounting the projector - some people say that you can hang it from the wall or ceiling - is their a special braket for this, or will any vcr bracket/speaker stand sufice? Would it overheat if put on a table? and do you hang the projector upside down?

Sorry - I'm a newbie!!!

Rich

Andrew_Ballew

Second Unit
have a X-box - would love to see its progressive scan on the projector - I know I have to buy the advance HD kit - but does this use the component input?
Yes- this would use the component input. But- you could also get a transcoder to convert the component output of the Xbox to VGA, and use some kind of VGA switch so you could rout both the DVD player/i-scan combo and the X-box into the VGA input for highest quality on both signals.

Richard Hardbattle

Stunt Coordinator
I-scan version 1??
Sorry guys - like I said - I'm a newbie at this front projection stuff!
Whats a I-scan version 1? Is it expensive?
Same question regarding a transposer....
PhilS - thanks for sending me a e-mail - it hasn't turned up. Sorry to be a pain, but could you send it again to:
[email protected]
(my work address!)
Thanks for the help folks!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks