Would like your opinion on functionality of update to my webpage...

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Brian W. Ralston, Apr 16, 2004.

1. Brian W. Ralston

Brian W. Ralston Supporting Actor

Brian W. Ralston
    I have just updated my web site with a new flash mp3 player and would love your help and opinion.

www.brianralston.com

Go to the music section (which, if you mouse over the measures at the bottom, is the third measure) and a new music demo window will pop up.
    Everything seems to be working well on my end (on a MAC with Safari and IE)...but I was wondering if you all might be able to check it out on your end with what ever browser you are using and let me know a couple things:

1. Is the flash music player simply working on your end in your browser?
    2. Do you like the functionality? Is it easy to use and is it clear that there are different musical sections or albums?

Most all of the site is in flash (which I did not program...had a friend do it). And...know that the code is being redesigned so there will not be pop ups....but everything will eventually happen in flash on the main page. The artwork will stay mostly the same though.

But right now...I am just focusing on the music player and if it is up and running for the vast majority.

p.s. All the music is mine...I composed it and own the copyright and recordings. :) It is basically an online demo for my work. [​IMG]

Thanks guys.

2. Kris McLaughlin

Kris McLaughlin Stunt Coordinator

Very nice, Brian!

A subtle Flash site is all too rare, but your is very well done.

My only issue: the main navigation is not intuitive for me. If you hadn't mentioned in your post, I would have had to search around the page to find it. Perhaps some indicator could be added to point it out.

The music section is sweet, the audio player looks a little familiar to another mac user [​IMG], and it works great for me (OS 10.3.3, safari).

It'll be nice when all the sections open in Flash rather than popups, you've already got a nice site there & that will really tighten it up.

Cheers

3. Brian W. Ralston

Brian W. Ralston Supporting Actor

Brian W. Ralston
    Good point Kris....would saying something like "mouse over the notes to navagate the site" work? Thanks for your comments.

4. Steve::Weaver

Since you already have feedback from Safari, I moved over to the PC, and it works great (and looks fantastic) in both Avant Browser 9.02 and IE 6 under XP Pro.