Would like speakers to match. Any ideas???

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Patrick Young, Jul 22, 2005.

1. Patrick Young

Patrick Young Stunt Coordinator

Well here is the question. My wife when she was in college bought speakers at Tweeters and worked her way up to a set of Snell JIII's and since she worked her ass off for them she does not want to get rid of them.
    So the question is there anything out there that will be a better match timbre wise then the Paradigms we have now.
    I have a cc-370 center and adp-170s for surrounds. I may move them down stairs eventually for a full blown HT eventually or at least that is the plan. So the Snells and what ever would stay upstairs in the living room.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Pat

2. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne
    Partick,

Your wife bought Snells? She’s definitely a keeper! [​IMG]

Kidding aside, I suggest contacting Snell and see if they can recommend something from their current line-up.

Still, you’ll get the best timbre match from the same family of speakers as her JIII’s. Perhaps Snell can tell you if they manufactured a smaller version of the JIII’s – a speaker like that would make great surrounds and center channel. Once you have a model number, check resale sites like Audiogon and eBay. Speakers are usually extremely reliable; it’s not unusual for them to last for decades.

http://www.snellacoustics.com/

Regards,
    Wayne

3. Patrick Young

Patrick Young Stunt Coordinator

Wayne,

Thanks I'll give that a shot.

And yeah I think I will keep my wife.[​IMG]
    She is a keeper. Although she dosen't like all the black boxes filling up her living room. :b

Pat