What's new

Would current HD Satellite RX be obsolete? (1 Viewer)

Ken Makela

Stunt Coordinator
Hi,

If I was to invest in an HD satellite receiver that doesn't have DVI output, would it be obsolete when and if regulations are put in place. I have a non DVI set 57HX81, and if I bought an ExpressVu (Echostar) model 6000 would this receiver still work later??

Ken

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
I don't think anyone can give you a 100% answer on that.

There are still too many variables in play, and much negotiation between the FCC, Congress, the CEA, the Cable Companies, the Studios, etc.

I recently bought a HD ready set with only component inputs, as well as a OTA HD reciever with only component outputs.

I obvioulsy have my hopes pinned on the analog connection staying live and NOT down-rez'd, but that is certainly a risk.

My hope is that the current owners of HD ready sets like mine represent a powerful enough lobby that we will not end-up hosed by the copy-protection factions.

Many feel otehrwise and are not buying anything until this is all sorted out. I am not willing to wait that long for HD.

BTW, The SuperBowl in HD was very cool!

BGL

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks