Would Anyone Want Phenom On DVD?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Jim Beaver, Apr 3, 2004.

1. Jim Beaver

Jim Beaver Supporting Actor

I don't know if anyone remembers this show but it was on ABC and was about a Tennis Star, her family and her coach. It only lasted a season and was from 93-94. I remember it being really funny. Does anyone know who owns this show? Because this is anoather show I haven't seen since it aired and I would love to see it again and own it on DVD.

2. Craig Sherman

Craig Sherman Stunt Coordinator

Sure, I remember this, it had William Devane (Hollow Man), Ashley Johnson (Growing Pains, What Women Want) and the true breakout star of the show, Todd Louiso (Dick in High Fidelity)!

Still, I'm gonna have this low on my wish list behind a slew of other shows. But they're starting to catch up!

BOMM,

CS

3. Jaime_Weinman

Jaime_Weinman Supporting Actor

I wouldn't buy it, but this was a James L. Brooks production and the staff included some writers that Brooks brought over from The Simpsons (like Jon Vitti).

4. Elyse

Elyse Auditioning

I would buy it immediately. I loved that show for some reason.

5. Mark To

Mark To Supporting Actor

I would have liked it better if the girl playing the tennis star even knew how to hold a racket.

6. Jim Beaver

I was just thinking about this the other day. Do you think this might have a chance to come out seeing William Devane is now on 24? Also a really cool fact I learmed some where else Angele Goethals who played the main character is also on 24 this season as well.

7. Tony S

Tony S Stunt Coordinator

I would buy this. According to IMDB it is distributed by ABC. So that probably means Disney. Maybe they will liscence it out to Shout! at some point.

8. Angela_K

Angela_K Stunt Coordinator

Angela
    I really liked this show, it was great. Judith Light(Who's the Boss?) was in it too [​IMG]

9. Jim Beaver

Dave have you heard anything on Phenom? Like I was saying above with two of the main stars now on 24 it would be great to use that as a way for it to come on DVD. I'm not sure but I think Columbia now Sony owns it.

10. Mark To

Mark To Supporting Actor

And you think that some 22 year old know-nothing at Disney knows about this? Wow, it never ceases to amaze me at how much more intelligence is credited to people working at the studios than they really deserve. I have had many conversations with people working at these places and I can tell you that fans know far more about their product than they do.