What's new

Would anyone say Netflix or RentMyDVD have recently improved? (1 Viewer)

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Within the last year, I gave up Netflix, RentMyDVD, DVDBarn & NumberSlate, and I'm currently with QwikFliks (and ready to give up on them). So I'm wondering if anyone who went through the "hard times" with Netflix or RentMyDVD would say that they've improved recently. I've read mixed reviews on this forum of late. My main issue is with the lack of new release titles being available.

Dave Gorman

Supporting Actor
I can't address new release availability. I have about 150 DVD's in my Netflix queue, so I don't worry much about availability. If I'm that anxious for a new release, I'll run down the street to Video Update...

As far as service in general, Netflix has recently opened a shipping center in Minneapolis, which has significantly better turnaround time for me than San Jose! I've read other posts stating that Netflix has opened several shipping centers around the country.

PS I'm editing my post to add that I have a co-worker who is subscribed to RentMyDVD. He's about ready to quit them & switch to Netflix. He commonly has combined receive/return timeframes over 10 days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks