Would anyone else like to see I Dream of Jeannie on DVD?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by John KB, Aug 15, 2003.

1. John KB

John KB Second Unit

This is one of my favorite shows and I'd love to see this come to DVD. Has anyone heard any news about it? I know it was listed on Sony's (Columbia Tri Star I believe) site, and you could vote for it.
    I think it would be great if they released the first season in original black & white AND the new colorized versions.
    I know there are many purists out there, but some shows just scream to be in color, and this is one of them.

2. Tim Glover

Tim Glover Lead Actor

Tim Glover
    I loved this TV series. Would be a cool dvd set to own for sure. [​IMG]

3. Jeff Ulmer

Jeff Ulmer Producer

To answer the question: Yes, master!

4. Paul Drake

Paul Drake Stunt Coordinator

Absolutely. I had my hopes up recently when the 3 surviving principal actors all appeared on "Larry King" several months ago to promote a "Jeannie" marathon on TV Land. The episodes shown on TV Land are much better than the washed out syndication versions I used to watch leading me to believe that some restoration work was done.

Someone did call in during the "King" show and asked about the DVD situation. None of the actors had heard anyhing about it.

I think the 60s comedy series are ripe for season DVD releases. "Get Smart", "Gilligan", and "Batman" have huge multi-generation fan bases from years of endless syndication. Hopefully "Mr. Ed" (a great show) and
    "Green Acres" will sell well enough to justify bringing more shows out.

5. Steve Phillips

Steve Phillips Screenwriter

I would love to have these on DVD in season sets. I have all 139 shows on VHS, but I'd buy these in a second. If I had all my wishes granted, they'd include a documentary on the series and the special effects, along with selected audio commentaries from cast and creators.

6. Dane Marvin

Dane Marvin Screenwriter

Not a fan of this show or "Bewitched", but I believe every television series should be available on DVD, so of course I'd like to see it!

7. Joshua Clinard

Joshua Clinard Screenwriter

Joshua Clinard
    This was one of my favorite shows as a kid, so I would want it as well in season sets. I know the first season was black and white, but soon after it went to color. Does anyone know what season they switched?

[edit]

I just did some research, and found out that the first season, which was 30 episodes, was in black in white. Seasons 2-5 were in color, which consisted of 109 episodes. It's a great show, and I'd love to see it on DVD, with the first season in black and white. Forget the colorization, it sucks!

I Dream of Jeannie