What's new

Would anyone be interested in a Gaming review site geared toward people like us? (1 Viewer)

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Morgan,
I will more than likely be implementing a screenshot section that will allow you to place your own captions on them. The final review design is something that I am still working on and frankly having a bit of trouble with as I can't really decide on what look I'm satisfied with (I have about 4 going). I may post them soon and get a bit of feedback from you guys on it.
For now my main focus is content. Hopefully you guys will help fill that void:).

Bac Bradley

Stunt Coordinator
Romier - interesting concept that you're developing - I like it! I actually launched a site on March 4 at www.themanroom.com that includes video game reviews where we try to touch upon not only the gameplay but the audio and video presentations as well. It's still early and we're still tweaking and slowly putting together reviews, but you'll get the idea :)
I bet we can feed off of each other to create new types of reviews for the more performance aware readers. It seems like people are hungry for alternatives to the IGN and GameSpot giants. Drop me an E-Mail if you want to discuss linking between sites. Thanks! -Dan

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Since I didn't put the HT(s) together that I will review the games in, I don't know what they consist of, so I need to find out before I write anything.

I'm assuming we can only write reviews for games from DC, PS2, GCN, and XB?

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
i'm in the process of redoing my site:
Link Removed
and if any of you are interested in helping out I'd be more than happy to speak with you about it. You can email me at [email protected]
Sorry if I'm treading on your thread Romier, but I need help too....trust me its very hard to run a site all by your lonesome.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Tread away Kelley. Your more than welcome and believe me I know this aint easy:)
As for the site..Im still waiting on more content to come in. I'm going to be resending emails out to everyone about sending in reviews. The site is still setup and ready to take reviews. It is posted above.
I sent emails to almoste everyone that posted in the thread. Has everyone received the email?

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I haven't had a chance to sit down and find out what all the different components in the HT I will be reviewing games in are, but when I am able to, I will be able to start submitting stuff.

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
I have been playing around with different designs, but damn I'm picky....and just can't decide.

JasonK

Supporting Actor
I sent my first 'review' using the template last week.

As I progress further into Resident Evil, I'll get a review of it thru the template.

After that, I've Virtua Fighter 4 for PS2 to review, some other (older) GameCube stuff, and some XBOX stuff.

I also want to write a little something about my experiences with HALO online via Gamespy.

Anyhow, that's what I'll be working on over the next week or so.

Others?

Jason

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Jason.

Thats the main hold up right now. Not enough content. I'm starting to get allot more stuff in now. I'm up to almost 16 reviews so things are looking good. I want to have about 30-35 and an article or two to read before I make things live.

JasonK

Supporting Actor
I wrote a few reviews not too long ago, and I'll try to get a Resident Evil review in yet, too. I'm going to work my way through Hunter for the XBOX, and Max Payne, too. So reviews for those will happen, but not in the immediete future.

My big problem is that I don't want to review a game until I've:

A. Finished it.

B. At least played 4-5 hours into it. (For sports games, etc.)

I'll be picking up Morrowind for Xbox whenever it comes out, and same for Medal of Honor for PS2.

I'll gladly write reviews of those, but it will take a while (at least a week) before I feel the review would be accurate and worth reading.

JasonK

Supporting Actor
I want to have about 30-35 and an article or two to read before I make things live.
Romier,

I know you said this a while ago, but if you still are needing ideas for articles, why not write an E3 wrap-up of what games will give HT's a nice workout?

Or perhaps a story about MS/Sony/Nintendo's online plans for the future...

Just some ideas. Oh, and perhaps we should have some sort of 'roll call' because I have no idea who's still interested in doing this, and it would be nice to get a feel for what we all want to work on.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Why not have one person look up all the info about what each of the big 3 (Sony, MS, Nintendo) showed off and have 3 articles right there? Maybe even an article about what the biggest games of E3 were. Or how about an article about Booth Babes?

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
So hows the site coming along? Is it coming along?

Now that its the summer, I might be able to get some reviews in.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Its almost done:)
I've actually been working ALLOT lately with my partner in crime on getting this and our new Neverwinter Nights server site up and running. Both will be going up simultaneously.
I have a good number of reviews (3 of which are my own) and I get a few each day so we got some good content. I;m still wondering if everyone got the emails I sent?? I'm going to send another round of those this weekend to get even more.
I'm working on a small article for the site and I'm still working on getting the review section up and running which is proving difficult.
Anyone got any intimate knowledge of PHP? Hell any database for that matter...

Troy LaMont

Supporting Actor
Romier,

I have some experience with using SQL databases and MS Access. I use both everyday at my 'normal' job.

Troy

Adam Tyner

Screenwriter
Anyone got any intimate knowledge of PHP? Hell any database for that matter...
Present and accounted for. :) I program PHP professionally, actually, and I have quite a bit of experience with MySQL. I'd be happy to help out, though I don't have the time or expertise to contribute reviews.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks