Would anybody here buy "The Tracey Ullman Show" or "Tracey Takes On..."?

Tony Kwong

Supporting Actor
I remember watching Tracy as well as Garry Shandling on Fox. Two of my favroite shows. Too bad they both got axed at the same time.

mike--

Stunt Coordinator
I would really love to see The Tracey Ullman Show on DVD, haven't seen it since it was on Fox in the late 80's. I would certainly buy box sets of that show.

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
I'm sure those who were interested knew (since it was never posted in this thread), but Tracey Takes On... did eventually get released on DVD. The first two seasons came out from HBO/Warner, and Seasons 3 & 4 came out from someone called Eagle Rock. The Season 3/4 set, though, contained heavily edited and censored episodes.

Seasons 1 and 2 were in the famous "Big Lots purge" of WB-distributed DVDs several years ago. I snagged both in one of my hauls.

Reactions: B-ROLL

MatthewA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I would really love to see The Tracey Ullman Show on DVD, haven't seen it since it was on Fox in the late 80's. I would certainly buy box sets of that show.
Now that Disney owns it, they'll probably play up the Simpsons connection at the expense of everything else … if they release it at all.

And seeing what has become of the spin-off makes me want to shout the same thing Tracey did to her Fox audience: "just go home!"

rmw650

Second Unit
Real Name
Richard W
Speaking of The Simpsons, any word on whether Season 21 gets released onto DVD?

MatthewA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
The last time I saw it actually on the air, it was on Lifetime around 1993.

Mark B

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mark
In Tracey's recent interview for the Archive of Television series she flat out said that the music clearances have kept the series out of syndication.

• Sad
Reactions: MatthewA

Albert71292

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Albert Sims
I'm sure those who were interested knew (since it was never posted in this thread), but Tracey Takes On... did eventually get released on DVD. The first two seasons came out from HBO/Warner, and Seasons 3 & 4 came out from someone called Eagle Rock. The Season 3/4 set, though, contained heavily edited and censored episodes.

Seasons 1 and 2 were in the famous "Big Lots purge" of WB-distributed DVDs several years ago. I snagged both in one of my hauls.
I picked those up at Big Lots also. :)

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marcbcar