Would anybody be interested in the late-80s MTV series "Just Say Julie" on DVD?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by John Kilduff, Jul 18, 2004.

1. John Kilduff

John Kilduff Screenwriter

Look, I know Julie Brown isn't exactly liked around here in terms of looks, (although I find her good-looking, when I included her in my Lovely Ladies Of The 80s tourney back in 2002-2003, I got a lot of bad reactions from "ugly" to "looks like a drag queen") and her humor doesn't exactly seem to have that much appeal either. The thing is I like her, and I want to see her late-80s series "Just Say Julie" on DVD. She blow-torched so many musicians (the proteges of Prince in particular) and had such bizarre humor you couldn't help but watch...Well, I'd have wanted to watch, but I was only 6 when the show went live and 9 when it went off the air.

I would like this on DVD so I can see what I missed. Due to the music issues, I imagine this being a Shout! Factory or Image release.

Anybody with me on wanting this released on DVD?

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

Surprised Lions' Gate/Artisan hasn't done 5 dips on "Earth Girls Are Easy" yet.[​IMG]

2. Dan Rudolph

Dan Rudolph Producer

I want that and Attack of the % Ft. 2 Women.

3. Arnold Y

Arnold Y Extra

I remember watching that show "Idiot Box" that starred Alex Winter....

Ah, the memories.

4. MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti Producer

I'd be interested in many MTV series, unfortunately MTV has yet to discover the technology that is TV shows on DVD...

I'd buy complete and unaltered, uncut * Season Sets * of all the early Real World series, The original Tom Green Show, The original Andy Dick Show, Fear (that Blair Witch cash-in series from a few years back), complete and uncut * Season Sets * of Jackass, many of the Unplugged events (Nirvana, etc.) among others...

I guess MTV isn't interested in home video profits?

[​IMG]

5. MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti Producer

I'd also love to have those Cancun Spring Break specials from the mid to late 90's complete with the Jerry Springer gameshow segments and all the concert footage, etc.

Also, remember that dating gameshow hosted by Jenny Mccarthy back in the day? That brings back some great memories of being on vacation in Florida with friends in the early 90's! We'd head back to our condo mid-day for lunch and drinks after being out in the sun all morning and tune in religiously - Those were the glorious days before DirecTV satleite, when it was a privelage for us Canadians to watch MTV... I'd buy that show in a heartbeat though!

6. Jon Martin

Jon Martin Cinematographer

JUST SAY JULIE was a GREAT show. Loved it.

Although, like BEAVIS AND BUTTHEAD, they couldn't release whole episodes because of the music videos and the rights involved with those. They might be able to include some of Julie's videos (or just do a standalone DVD of those which I would also buy).

7. Daniel`D

Daniel`D Stunt Coordinator

I would love to have The Jenny Mccarthy Show, The Andy Dick Show, Daria in season sets and Mandy. I'd also take just about anything they'd release.

So far, they've only released their original movies, Puck'd Season One, 2 season sets of Real World (the first New York and Las Vegas), and I'm sure there is more I just don't know about.

8. TheLongshot

TheLongshot Producer

How about some Remote Control? Yeah, I know, it was a game show, but there was some nice comedy bits. It also has Adam Sandler before he became a star, Colin Quinn before he became a talk show host, and Kari Wuhrer before the breast implants. [​IMG]

Jason

9. PeterTHX

PeterTHX Cinematographer

Hear, hear!

Another vote for "Just Say Julie"! (or "Just Say Sissy" if the prez of MTV prefers)