Would anybody be interested in making some money?

chris bruce

Stunt Coordinator
Would any of you HT enthusist be interested in coming to my home to set up my speakers for me. I was told it is not that hard of a job but I still would feel better if somebody that knew what the heak they were doing, do it. I have the spl meter and the avia disk. All I need is an abled body. I don't have any stereo places around here but one. They want so much I have to remortgage my home. I have 2 svs plus/2's two front polk in walls, a polk csi5 center, and 2 rear polk inwalls. It is a very small room so you might need to mess with the phases of the subs and tuning a bit. The receiver is a new Onkyo tx-sr803. Probally not that hard of a job. I would just like somebody else to do it. I live in the fredericksburg,pa area(17026) Thanks

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
Chris, if I was anywhere close to you, I'd do it for free.
It doesn't take that long, and I get more enjoyment out of properly setting up other peoples' systems and giving the gift of good sound than any monetary compensation could provide.

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
If I was local to your area, I'd be happy to help as well for free. Some members list their locations (wish more did - at least the state - particularly if I search equipment or other stuff for sale - there is some stuff that I might have a mild interest in if it was something local I could take a look at or listen to). You might want to try a PM or someone near you. You can do a search by location - city name, state (PA or Pennsylvania) and see if anything comes up.

DonnyD

Screenwriter
Sounds like a good reason for a ROAD TRIP !!!!!

On the serious side..... Since you have the necessary items; ie, spl meter, avia disk and an apparent desire to enjoy your HT system..... give yourself a great Christmas present by setting it up yourself..... the fun of doing it and the reward of knowing you did it yourself will be so much enjoyment!!!! You ALWAYS have your friends here at HTF to share your experience with.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

It is very, very easy to do. If you can set a clock on a VCR, you can calibrate your system. Avia has step by step instructions and your manual for your receiver should handle the rest. Honestly, anybody can do it and if you run into any trouble, there are many here who will step you through it.

chris bruce

Stunt Coordinator
All right...... I am going to trust you guys on this. But just be prepared for all the questions that will be comming your way. Thanks for all the replies and the future help.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gullfo