What's new

Would an InFocus 4805 be overkill in a 13' X 13' bedroom? (1 Viewer)

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
Kenneth, I think it would be fine because that screen size is not too big. I just don't understand a projector setup in a bedroom.

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

Unless it's simply the process of turning a bedroom into a HT room.

I took my front dining room and turned it into the HT room. The house already has a nook area by the kitchen so I just put the dining room to better use.

Regards

Nick_S

Auditioning
I have the freeby 76" screen set up in my 12' x 19' bedroom. The projector is about 11.5' from the screen and I'm sitting at about the 10' mark. The picture looks pretty good, but it looks great at 12'. I'm thinking of ceiling mounting the pj and moving the seating position back and underneath it. I say go for it. Due to other obstacles in the room I had to use the 12' length rather than the 19' (for all of you wondering why I set it up the way I did).

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
That's the beauty of front projection, the projector is compact and can be put anywhere you want it. And the screen size will shrink or expand based on your wishes using the zoom ring.

Go crazy, seeing is that you are and everything. :D

KirkP

Agent
Kenneth, a few things to consider. Will you be ceiling mounting this projector? Let's assume you mount it 12' from the screen on the opposite wall. This is from the front of the lens so you'll be fairly close to the back wall (you may end up having to move it a little closer). A 12' throw provides a min. diagonal screen size of 77.57" and the max. diagonal screen size is 93.34". What will be your viewing distance? I recommend that you aren't any closer that about 8.5' and hopefully you won't be directly underneath the projector.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn35
Recent bookmarks