What's new

Would an ign insider please post the Triple Play 02 PS2 review? (1 Viewer)

Manuel

Stunt Coordinator
I know, I know. I should pay for the service but I can't bring myself to pay for game reviews. Anyway, would someone please post the review?

Thanks

Manuel

Stunt Coordinator
Josh,

Thanks for the post. You have saved me $50. If this was even a decent arcade game I would have bought it but this sounds terrible. I admit that I like a little "arcadiness" to baseball rather than a pure sim. I rented HH and even though everything in the game is good (exept graphics) I did not get into it. I guess I will rent ASB and see if that fits me better. Thanks,

Manny

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
ATTENTION ALL MEMBERS:
I really can't allow for requests and posts of such subscription only material here in the gaming forums. As frustrated as I am myself about so much being Insider only over at IGN these days, technically posting such articles are in violation of copyright.
I don't mind the odd quote from an Insider article, but really, in future please refrain from posting the entire thing.
Regards,
Dan

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Yeah, I'd say that is fine, especially given you can still actually go to the reviews menu list at IGN and see the overall scores displayed. As far as going into quoting the scores of individual elements as sound and graphics, I am not worried about that at all.

Dan

Manuel

Stunt Coordinator
Guys, sorry about that. Next time I will just ask for a summary and personal thoughts on the game.

Mitty

Supporting Actor
Well, I've played it (THANK GOD I didn't buy it!).
It's AWFUL. I'm very forgiving of video games, but this is all but unplayable. I've never liked the Triple Play series, but I like this year's version even less than last years.
Maybe I'm a spaz, but I find defense utterly impossible. When the ball is hit, you have NO time to react. Unlike HH, there are very few selectable options. For instance, the only way to increase the game speed is to increase the difficulty level. On Rookie level, the pitches are painfully slow (even on All Star level, the game speed isn't as fast as ASB2K3). Of course, once the ball is hit, it rips through the infield at light speed, and slows down to a crawl once it hits the outfield grass, making the outfielder embark on a tediously long run to go and get it.
Naturally, some of this is subjective, but I HATE the control scheme. I really don't like being forced to use the analog controls in sports games. I feel like I have less "touch" control than with the direction pad.
I really hope for 2K3, EA Sports flushes their entire game plan and starts from scratch. How can they be so bad at baseball and so good at hockey?
Of this season's baseball games, ASB has vastly superior graphics, HH has the most satisfying gameplay and Triple Plays pulls up the rear on all counts. There is literally NO category in which I prefer it over the other two.
Actually, for the PS2, it does take up a LOT less memory on your memory card than the others. That's about it. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks