What's new

Would a projector work in this room? (1 Viewer)

William_L

Grip
I'm in the process of building a HT in my basement, and the room would be about 18' x 14' with only about 7' high ceiling. Would the height and length of this room be ok?
The more I read about projectors, the less I want to get a widescreen RPTV. Can I get a decent LCD projector in the $2500-$3000 range? There just seem to be so many to choose from, it's really confusing. I will mainly use my HT for watching DVD's (and I only buy widescreen versions), so I need somthing that will do 16 x 9
I'm sure I'll have many more questions in the near future, and you guys have been very helpful in the past. I love this site! :)

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
18' length and 14' width is fine for a projector-based HT room. 7' is ok for the ceiling. Just make sure the projector you choose does not need a 'lot' of room above the unit for cooling and one that can adjust for keystoning would be a bonus, just incase the vertical placement of the projector in relation to the screen causes the image to be trapezoidal instead of rectangular. I sy so your research and go for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks