Would a projector work in this room?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by William_L, Jan 9, 2002.

1. William_L

William_L Extra

I'm in the process of building a HT in my basement, and the room would be about 18' x 14' with only about 7' high ceiling. Would the height and length of this room be ok?
    The more I read about projectors, the less I want to get a widescreen RPTV. Can I get a decent LCD projector in the $2500-$3000 range? There just seem to be so many to choose from, it's really confusing. I will mainly use my HT for watching DVD's (and I only buy widescreen versions), so I need somthing that will do 16 x 9
    I'm sure I'll have many more questions in the near future, and you guys have been very helpful in the past. I love this site! [​IMG]

2. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    18' length and 14' width is fine for a projector-based HT room. 7' is ok for the ceiling. Just make sure the projector you choose does not need a 'lot' of room above the unit for cooling and one that can adjust for keystoning would be a bonus, just incase the vertical placement of the projector in relation to the screen causes the image to be trapezoidal instead of rectangular. I sy so your research and go for it.