What's new

Worth Waiting For Dish 921?? (1 Viewer)

JerryLA

Stunt Coordinator
I've been wanting to add a PVR for sometime and keep hearing about the HD Dish 921. Is this really ever going to come out? Anyone have any information on when this unit may be a reality? I've called Dish and they tell me they have no information on a release date, only some time this year. I do have another receiver in my bedroom I could upgrade to a PVR. Am I correct in assuming there would be no way to record in the bedroom and playback in my HT room? Tired of waiting!
Jerry

Kevin Nolan

Stunt Coordinator
I'm waiting....seem they need another bird in the sky to do the SuperDish which the 921 would be a part of.
Patience young Grasshooper!

Mike I

Supporting Actor
The best guestimate on the 921's release is a September time frame..When it does finally come it I think you will find it was well worth the wait.

Jeff Pounds

Second Unit
I'm drooling over the prospect of the DISH 921... I've had the DISH 508 PVR for almost a year now and LOVE it.

Now if I can talk the wife into the 921 upgrade... ;)

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
Get a standard PVR now (or at least before the new television season starts). You will love it even if it's not HD.

Tivo, Direct, Dish - all are "in the works" for a HD-PVR, but all are on the "bleeding edge". There are going to be delays, problems, rough-starts.

And nobody is talking about the political/copyright issues. Hollywood is not opposed to broadcasting HD, but they want to make sure someone does not record, then distribute super-high quality tapes/disks to Asia/European markets. A HD-PVR - is a recorder. I suspect there is behind-the-scenes stuff going on.

I'm still waiting for the combo DishNetwork receiver + DVD player they promised 3 years ago.

I hope to be proven wrong, but I suspect this year is optimistic.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation233
Recent bookmarks